DOn't know where my post went, but

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip48

Reaction score
this board says it's for anything we want to discuss as long as we don't offend anyone. I guess I offended someone?

I will say I never read even category and will not do that. Just don't have time for a search party looking for things. Just too busy and I guess reading is just better for me over posting since I can't find the right place.

Respectfully,

Skip

Skip, your post got moved down to the Sports Page.

Didn't mean to cause confusion--the Mods are doing a lot of re-filing in anticipation of the new categories. I dropped a heads-up in the RT earlier today, but it's been busy on the Board and might've gotten lost in the shuffle.

(There's going to be a Field & Stream category real soon where all the fly fishing and other outdoorsy stuff will go, but not quite yet.)

That's kind of funny since it's a hobby and not a sport.

Skip

Hey Skip..

Let me help you a bit... (not being a smart ass... assuming from your reaction that you don't know they exist, if I'm wrong ignore me)
when you go to the BoB home screen theres a little clicker over in the upper right (right below where the log out switch is) It says 'View Post since Last Visit' Bam, no more digging.. every post since the last time you popped in, regardless of catagory, will show up..

the one right below it 'View your post' will take you to every thread you've posted in..

I moved your post to the Sport section. you didn't offend ANYONE.. It just fits better there.. Fishing is a sport.. Making the equipment the sport requires belongs there??? We are trying to stream line some topics, and redo the catagories a bit.. Gonna take alot of work and with the help of the Members it will make it alot easier for us to find pertinant info instead of just chucking everything in the "General Disc" (and I'm one of the worst for it..)

Anyhoot, I suggested you get the subtitle " Jig Master " Good Article.

Fishing isn't a Sport???

Damn, I'm not an athelete after all.. great, just frikkin great! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't feel bad, PB. Everyone tells me the same thing about bowling.

I don't know much about fly-fishing, but by gosh you can get injured like a sport. Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima couldn't take out my grandfather, but a wicked river current in Wyoming did. Spent the last ten years of his life full of more narcotics than a charter plane from Afghanistan.

Thanks for the help!

Fishing is a sport, but my tying is not a sport even though they will be used in a sport by others and even some by me, but I look at tying as a hobby and art if done right. You don't have to fish to make jigs, but it does make it more fun when you catch fish on something you made and even with others catch fish on something you made. Very cool hobby!

Skip

In any case, the new outdoors stuff category will cover both sports and hobbies, as well as all the stuff in the middle. Just some growing pains in the meantime.

puros_bran":fbgonfxv said:
Hey Skip..

Let me help you a bit... (not being a smart ass... assuming from your reaction that you don't know they exist, if I'm wrong ignore me)
when you go to the BoB home screen theres a little clicker over in the upper right (right below where the log out switch is) It says 'View Post since Last Visit' Bam, no more digging.. every post since the last time you popped in, regardless of catagory, will show up..

the one right below it 'View your post' will take you to every thread you've posted in..
Anyhoot, I suggested you get the subtitle " Jig Master " Good Article.
Actually had never tried the links you mentioned and will try them out, but not sure I don't prefer just coming in and looking around some. We shall see though and maybe that will help my time spent too.

Thanks,
Skip