Doodle pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSmokeamater

Reaction score
Not much going on at work today so with pencil and paper in front of me I decided to doodle some pipes. I just wanted to see how some pipe design ideas I've been kicking around for a few years looked on paper. I am neither a designer nor pipe maker, but I do hold a BFA in photography.

Have any you ever tried this, even in a half serious way?

It was hard (for me) to come up with a design with practical functionality and a distinctive look that wasn't "over the top".

That little exercise, casual as it may have been, really enhanced my appreciation for the pipe makers art. Of course you don't need to do this to have appreciation. I've been studying musical composition for some months now and in so doing my appreciation of music has been tremendously enhanced. So this has been my mind-set of late.

I came up with a large, small chambered, saucer/Rhodesian shaped sitter. The bowl has the appearance of sitting atop an inverted version of itself, from which a gently curved stem emerges.

So. Do you doodle pipes like school boys doodle hot rods? :)