Dorset English Flake - Any Help?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaukatt

Reaction score
On a visit to Elliot Nachwalter's now defunct Pipestudio in Manhester, VT. back in '07, I picked up a few of his store branded tobaccos which I have come to find out were old Wilke blends re-branded with the names of local places of interest in that beautiful area of the country. One blend in particular caught my attention and I bought a bunch of it and jarred it. In rearranging my cellar I came across the jar from 2007 and thought I would ask if anyone had any additional insight into what the blend really is/was.

This may only be relevant to North Eastern'ers or New Englanders who may have visited the shop as I don't know if Elliot marketed them beyond his area. The blend was called Dorset English Flake, Dorset being a town in southern Vermont thus the rebranding. The term "English" is applied only to address the fact that the blend is a broken flake in the tradition of English Flakes of old and has nothing to do with it containing latakia. The blend has an almost Lakeland quality in aroma and taste which fades down the bowl in the usual way they do. It's a great blend and a shame if it were so unique as to be unavailable any longer.

Perhaps Doc Watson and the boys form New England can shed some light on it for me?

Thanks,

Lou

no clue here, but your description sounds like gawith, hoggart and co best brown #2. have you had that?

somedumbjerk":2vkotumt said:
no clue here, but your description sounds like gawith, hoggart and co best brown #2. have you had that?
Thanks for the reply, that's a good guess. I have never tried that blendto be able to make a comparison.

Thanks again!

You also might try asking Carole at Pipeworks and Wilke if she has any knowledge of the blend! She has a lot of those old ones.