Dottle-Dazed & Briar-Fried

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.LOWERCASE

Reaction score
...seriously folks, I shouldn't be here, it's some strange clinical condition I've acquired...is that really what the "Welcome wagon" is? A nonstop red-eye straight to the mazing grains of enthrallment into the most madcap bughouse lunatic asylum ever done sprung forth from the froth like some slowly rolling Lovecraftian smog aglow phosphorescent over ever-deepening mandrels of madness most ratcheting?

Er, um. Ello gents, my etiquette precedes me, do pardon please. If forthwith suchwise I may become a noted nuisance in the oft buther'd form of "poetic license" and hereby proffer apologies for any offense taken, slight or otherwise.

I'm really harmless after all, just slightly qwertykrazy at fullmoon tilt when form finds me well -- more than likely, I shall become a lonely howling ghost dribbling to myself on erratic keypunchings which are merely intended as utilization of my post-structural linguistic capacities, meager as they be.

See? I'm already alienatin' ya ain't I?
= )

ExRYO, BaliShag Red especial yet also the factory-rolls like Lucky Filters, Gitane Blondes, Craven "A" black-cats, Natty Sherms, 555, etc etc -- I've always enjoyed the art of smoking, yet never did I consider a pipe!

Now, I feel like an idiot, miss'd the boat, me lunka skull block'd concrete like hardest knock-knocks most igmo, little did I know what a vast world I was missing & now I find myself frantic with the steep learnin' curve...yeah, it's kinda difficult, the smoking of a simple pipe, frustrating at times, yet I knew I had only glimpsed what infinities of experience were to be had after the initial char & one must stick to ones thrust & go full-throttle forward into the center of the storm...

...speaking of which, I just finish'd a bowlfulla StormFront inna Stanny 75M, kinda cobby, complete with detatchable storm-stick!

Yes. How quickly acute pipomania ingrain'd itself was a symptom I was unprepared for & taken by surprise, I had ignorantly blown too much bread on items unsuitable to my tastes, this is definitely a pay to play game & many quick lil' outfits all juiced up waitin' to prey upon a hapless heathen. The process of filtering those demons of ill repute, those who advertise online a special sale for $60 OldBoy lighters and then never send the damn'd flintpistol after its already been paid for and other such ominous tales of shadowy enterprise etc, it is then that the true work may begin, which it did for me. After the burn lesson learn'd, keen observation is always required when dealing with unknown sources, I've found that the trust-building relationship which forms amongst enthusiasts is a huge benefit both for comradeship & distillation of knowledge, also noting the reassurance of rocksolid shops one knows ain't gonna rip one off -- when I first was looking online for pipes it was indeed murky waters of unknown quantity, alotta them sites look legit but they ain't, so now I'm half-ass'd decent to get sumthin done & thunder further with smokestack lightninbolts.

Damn, this keybord won't shuddup, i was gonna mention the anal angle a.k.a. OCD or sumsuch sayin' lengthy bout how different things are on generational terms, yet the very same, dig? I can relate to the close details involved with all that jazz as commit'd pipes & purty polish & labor-intensive resto etc etc, the cultural climate has shifted such that pipe-people seem unusual anomolies, nearly freakish or pegg'd as pretentious hipster or how ever the unwash'd public may respond. The obsessive condition is a direct result of astronomical economics involved with serious collecting, & by serious I also mean pipemen who collect even lower brands which one can find fairly cheaply, because one usually keeps gettin' alotta stuff regardless of financial spheres required, or maybe not, I have no idea really.

I do know I regret not being around to easily obtain Stonehaven or Edgeworth as from what I've read, those is right ups my alleyways!

So, fear not in the future when you spy my wildings, it's just me embarrassing myselves again.

thank you, thank you

often ain't never enough is it?

More than likely I will b/c I goota ton of dumb questions etc (which before posting my version of the dumb question thats been post'd about a million times before, I shall duly search fathoms to verify my horse ain't dead yet & proceed to beat it!)

I was a moment ago glazing the Bay & blow'd of brains most fierce!

It amazes me the repeated frequency with which so many a number of superhi-end pipes come down the poke & every one of 'em gets laid 'n paid with massive excitement. It's a very good sign, in my book, upon how healthy the market remains, even tho I'm sure alotta Eurofolks are taking the cakes cause our $ done down so low & good for them!

Good for everybody, actually!

I can only dream my dreams about someday o'er rainbow pinnacle pipes like Eltang poker or Tokutomi snails...

...just seeing that these pipes actually exist are are up for grabs is a good fun spectator sport in and of itself!

such the stuff now recently up:

NEW UNSMOKED Kevin Arthur PickAxe

TOM ELTANG ESKIMO

Lasse Skovgaard * Unsmoked! * Sixten Ivarsson Retro Shape!

JT COOKE X-X-X-TRA CRAGGY

MARCHELLI *360 DEGREE FLAME GRAIN POKER*

TONNI NIELSEN DANISH HANDCRAFTED IN KENTUCKY

...but also, sometimes the good luck is struck via under-the-radar oddballs:

THE HURRICANE DE LUXE 08 NUTT PRODUCTS LTD ART DECO BRIAR PIPE WIND SHIELD

Vintage Thompson Briar Pipe, Made in Holland

Mohilla Austria,351, perfect cross grain pipe/pfeife nofi

SUPREME GRAIN PIPE MADE IN LONDON ENGLAND NO. 589 NO. 5 & hey, thanks for the great pictures, sure I'll buy it!

ah, I just remember'd:

Is there a good material similar to briar to practice sandblasting on?

just regular wood?

I gotta cheapie HaborFreight Mess-O-Blaster & this old grubby 'n gnarly Royal Danish 63M could use some kinda facelift, er, I mean defacement!
= )

Well Mr. lowercase (yeah, I am having fun with your handle...) you and Kyle should get along just fine. 8)

Do enjoy your time here, and remember that there is no dumb question.*

*this is not always %100 true, but the piping community here is forgiving.

Good to see you again, Mr. Joyce. It's been a while..-Whoops! I'm sorry. I mistook you for someone I knew. Lowercase, is it? Pleased to meet you, sir. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome mr. lowercase. I hope you continue to enjoy your time here. Are you a fan of e.e. cummings?

"T"