Dr Grabows?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thw first pipe I ever bought was a Dr. Grabow Viking. Anything with lots of chrome back in 1963 was considered cool. I really liked that pipe and wish I still had it but it got destroyed during a messy divorce many years ago. However I found a another one on eBay a couple of yeas back just like the one I bought as my first pipe. It was NOS and it now sits on display up on my mantle. I've never smoked it and have no plans to ever do so. The rest of their pipes look and feel cheap. They all may be terrific smokers but I just don't like them so I don't bother buying them. I know there are many dedicated fans for those pipes and more power to them but they aren't for me. :)

AJ

A few years back I owned more than a few of them. I think mostly bc of the availability of them. I had a couple that were great smokers for a while. But then they would start to leak where the stem connected. I think that metal part in the stem was designed for pipe reaming. The problem being after twisting them apart a certain number of times for cleaning it wore them down. Kind of like a tootsie roll pop, you never know when it's gonna be done. Once I got a Luciano, I went straight down the rabbit hole lol.