Dr Plumb's Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spud31

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Plum's Pipes from the UK??

Haven't heard much about them, but they seem (and are priced) like they would make a good solid knock-around pipe. . .

I've got one Dr Plumb which is quite old but in perfect condition. It's a bent billiard and I really adore the old guy. Smokes like champ.

I find the older London made pipes to be excellent smokers. Look at GBD, Sasieni, Parker etc. Only my two Dunhills (1945 and 1980) do not perform so well :shock: I would say pre 1980 you can go for most London made pipes and you won't regret it.

After some web-sleuthing I learned that Dr. Plumb's bowls are GBD 'seconds' maybe a slight flaw or some filler, but solid nonetheless.

Like I suspected, a good knockaround daily smoker for $30-$40, which is just fine for me.

Thanks!

I have a Dr. Plumb metal pipe with a briar bowl that I smoke a lot especially if I'm going to be puttering around out in the yard. It's a fine smoker and like you said they're reasonably priced. :)

AJ

I've never owned one, but I've restored a few and they seem to be a fine pipe at very reasonable costs.

I have one which I resurrected a bit, and it's a great smoker, and day-to-day pipe. You can see a few pics here:

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t32318-ramble-on-a-dr-plumb-rerestostoration

Also have one (might be a SA thing?). A decent smoke, day-to-day knock-about pipe.