drawing it in

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falconer

Reaction score
What is it about Escudo that makes me inhale? I smoke a vareity of tobaccy's every week but seldom if ever inhale them. But for some reason Escudo urges me to do it every time and I like it alot. Do any of you have some baccys' you just have to inhale?

No blend in particular, but I do usually inhale once or twice during each bowl. I think stronger blends usually encourage more inhaling for me.

okay falconer, you love escudo, i was just gifted a whole tin of it by a very generous BoB. i've smoked three bowls. what is it you're tasting in there that you love? i'm not saying i don't like it, but my tastebuds continue to frustrate me in that all the VaPers i've tried, they pretty much taste the same. they all have a certain stringent harshness to them, not much sweetness i can detect until after the smoke. escudo may be a bit 'creamier' in feel to me...i don't know, i wish i could detect more. maybe i'm doomed to only taste a levels of sweetness in tobaccos.

bruins":yxjpmcbg said:
okay falconer, you love escudo, i was just gifted a whole tin of it by a very generous BoB. i've smoked three bowls. what is it you're tasting in there that you love? i'm not saying i don't like it, but my tastebuds continue to frustrate me in that all the VaPers i've tried, they pretty much taste the same. they all have a certain stringent harshness to them, not much sweetness i can detect until after the smoke. escudo may be a bit 'creamier' in feel to me...i don't know, i wish i could detect more. maybe i'm doomed to only taste a levels of sweetness in tobaccos.
Bruins! You said it all! I like escudo because....I love Vapers... I like a little harshness... full bodied... I don't like much sweetness in my smoke.... and yes it is creamier! :cheers: :cheers:

Falconer":3dcq92zl said:
Bruins! You said it all! I like escudo because....I love Vapers... I like a little harshness... full bodied... I don't like much sweetness in my smoke.... and yes it is creamier! :cheers: :cheers:
well, i guess my taste buds are working. good to know. maybe it's like dry wine, you got to adjust to it.

Easy answer for me Valky,
If it smokes I inhale it.................. but agreed that Escudo is great inhaler!!!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

bruins":4xr78td9 said:
Falconer":4xr78td9 said:
well, i guess my taste buds are working. good to know. maybe it's like dry wine, you got to adjust to it.
Or fall asleep with your pants on after the second bottle Bruins!!

Bruins, that escudo need cellar time bro!!!!

i'm on it. got my little mason jars all lined up!

bruins, try smoking it as slowly as possible. That's the only way I can taste the sweetness in the vapers...

bruins":o2tp1fwf said:
My problem is I'm smoking it at a faster rate than it's aging! Of course if I wasn't sending half my VaPers stash to Piet...oops, uh Merry Christmas. :oops: :p

petertschantz":uav1d4oj said:
bruins, try smoking it as slowly as possible. That's the only way I can taste the sweetness in the vapers...
yeah, i'll try that. i know i'm hell on a pipe when it comes to puffing.

I hear ya buddy! It made a huge difference for me when I figured out that I need to smoke a lot slower than I think I should :)

Falconer":s7ri682u said:
bruins":s7ri682u said:
My problem is I'm smoking it at a faster rate than it's aging! Of course if I wasn't sending half my VaPers stash to Piet...oops, uh Merry Christmas. :oops: :p
Low and Slow boys!!!!!!
Gentle sips!!!!!!

Valky, cool. I'll send you all my pipe you send me all your baccy, in that way by xmas we'll end up with FA!!!!!!

:lol!:

petertschantz":q999j8an said:
I hear ya buddy! It made a huge difference for me when I figured out that I need to smoke a lot slower than I think I should :)
I love the blend.. I bought a small amount to check it out.. I am learning to smoke it slower too Pete.. Does funny things to the bottom edges of the pipe on my estate pipes.. But also I was amazed that this blend also made me inhale just a small bit here and there and it was just fine.. I taste the sweetness with no problem.. It is what I consider a special blend I use for those special times.. Lots to learn here.. :D

all of them.

thats why i have to really watch how some things are rated.............i dont think any of them are considerations of a person who inhales the smoke.

English (like the newly found GLP- quiet nights which i love, is actually pretty smooth and light to me)

ive had some that are supposed to be 'mean' and strong..............that are not & others that shouldnt have been but are!

camo

MisterE":yqv7o361 said:
Escudo is just great stuff whether you inhale or not! Im down to one tin now but just made a new order yesterday!! :alien:
I'm starting to hoard it like crazy but I'm not about to tell Piet how much. He thinks he's getting half of my entire stash for Christmas. whata :geek:!

Falconer":m9bmok5w said:
MisterE":m9bmok5w said:
Escudo is just great stuff whether you inhale or not! Im down to one tin now but just made a new order yesterday!! :alien:
I'm starting to hoard it like crazy but I'm not about to tell Piet how much. He thinks he's getting half of my entire stash for Christmas. whata :geek:!
Yes, I´m hoarding too, but nothing like alfredo buscatti. I think he had something like 70 tins of Escudo stashed!! I´ll get there someday but geez, I got a LOOOONG wat to go.... :pale:

When Piet makes a Canadian, it will be mine... ya hear me Piet?? :cheers: :cheers:

I love Escudo but keep it as a treat, I'll go a couple of months before I crack another tin. Tough to not inhale it though.