Dream Cars

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JASmith

Reaction score
Just wanted to find out what some of your dream vehicles are...My favorite is Lamborghini. Ever since the 80s, when I glimpsed the Countach, I've been a fan. How about you folks?

Lamborghini has made some beautiful automobiles over the years. My dream car is the Miura S.
miura.jpg

1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500 Lightweight. 8)

2 door hardtop in correct factory colors, only 1 was not white with a red interior
427ci
Twin 4 barrel carbs
lightweight frame and interior package
bucket seats
NASCAR scattershield
aluminum cased 4 speed
thin aluminum bumpers
fiberglass fenders and inner fenders
heavy duty suspension and brakes

63ford10.jpg

GamleVking":9kybrmk2 said:
Lamborghini has made some beautiful automobiles over the years. My dream car is the Miura S.
miura.jpg
Gorgeous vehicle, that. The beginning of the modern supercar.

I just got my dream truck.  My first truck was a 78 f250.  I wanted another 78.  See below.  I traded a 62 willys jeep for it.  I think I got the better end of the deal as this is street legal and is Oh So Cool!

IMG_20140727_124340nopm-M.jpg
" />

facebook95330242600-M.jpg
" />

facebook95-1575459184-M.jpg
" />

After this, my dream vehicle would be a duesenberg model j

31_Dusnbrg_Model_J_CrlVsn_Sdn_Dv-07-AI_01.jpg

Bentley T coupe, in British racing green w/tan interior.  Not particularly sexy or fast, but just a good, solid car.  I once drove one to Palm Beach.  Waking up in a motel in Brunswick, Georgia, going out and getting in the car, looking out over the highly polished Circassian walnut dashboard at the raindrops beaded up on the hood while inhaling the rich fragrance of the Connolly hides, knowing I had miles to go, I almost had an orgasm of covetousness, tempered only by images of me being led away by the police for grand theft auto.

bentle10.jpg
" />

I no longer crave the million dollar exotic cars. They might as well be unicorns....I'll never ride one.  :D  I find myself more interested in the ones that I might could possibly own, if the stars aligned, and some great long lost uncle died and gave me a small inheritance.

So with that said, I've always wanted to one of these: (Acura NSX)

1092.jpg

The older ones could "almost" be afforded as a dream car.

Also, for some reason, I've alwasy loved the look of the Mercedes SUV

2012-mercedes-benz-g-class.png

Well, I've already had one, a 76 Cadillac Eldorado but, my first most favorite would be a 40 Ford P/U truck or a 49 Ford Cabover P/U, or a Custom Large car. Reckon the truck driver in me is still alive and well.

Dream car would be a 67-69 Camaro.

Dream truck would be a 52 1/2 Chevy.

One of the guys in our local British Car Club just finished this Lotus 7. I've always wanted one of these little skateboards, BRG with a yellow nose!

Growley":0xhpp4it said:
...I've always wanted to one of these: (Acura NSX)

1092.jpg
As you may know, Ayrton Senna was instrumental in developing this car.  Thought this was an interesting vid for fans of him, the car, or driving technique for the daily commute--

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JUVkVB3SUf4" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

I presume it does not have to be a car that actually exists...this is my dream.

S1000_600px.jpg

I've had my dream cars a couple times and they didn't really work out all that well for various reasons. So now I stick with something practical, and that works out very well for me.

Dream cars-

'67 Caddy Eldo (not the actual pic, but close enough)-

1967ELDORADORED011.jpg

Nice enough but required too much restoration that I couldn't afford.

More recently, an '05 Chrysler 300C Hemi-

2005-chrysler-300c-hemi-photo-5479-s-429x262.jpg

Great car. Bought it new in a fit of madness, but it was rear wheel drive with a too-powerful engine which made it totally impractical for where I live when the snow creates an impossible situation. Plus the MPG sucked!

Right now I have a Ford '08 Escape Hybrid, and it's all I need for my needs. And it handles the big steep hill I have to contend with in the snowy months. Plus the MPG is around 30 which I've never had before-

220px-2nd_Ford_Escape_Hybrid_--_04-29-2011_1.jpg

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":jg48eqos said:
I've had my dream cars a couple times and they didn't really work out all that well for various reasons. So now I stick with something practical, and that works out very well for me.

Dream cars-

1967ELDORADORED011.jpg

Cheers,

RR
Gotta admit the 67 was a beauty too and that one is the same color my 76 was.
If I remember right the color was called Mahogany and in the right light it was a gorgeous
reddish brown pearlescence. And with the "500" C.I. it ran like a raped ape.  ;) 

Cartaphilus":nvy5mymw said:
Brewdude":nvy5mymw said:

Dream cars-

1967ELDORADORED011.jpg

Cheers,

RR
Gotta admit the 67 was a beauty too and that one is the same color my 76 was.
If I remember right the color was called Mahogany and in the right light it was a gorgeous
reddish brown pearlescence. And with the "500" C.I. it ran like a raped ape.  ;) 
Ron, mine had a white vinyl top and was a slightly different shade of red than the one in the pic. More like fire engine red. Couldn't come up with a google image of that so chose the one you see.

Always loved the style going back to when it came out in '67 or so, but it was totally out of my financial means back then! Finally snagged one in the late '80's for around $1500. Relatively low mileage (80K or so, IIRC), and mechanically sound as far as the engine.

Buuutt......it needed body work (this was back in Mil, WI, where they use salt on the roads in the winter. So there was rust. Not a great deal, but still....

So body work, paint job, new vinyl top, various and sundry other things to bring it back into original condition made it impossible for me to continue with it. And while the engine was amazingly responsive, it also delivered about 9 or 10 mpg, and had to use premium grade fuel as well!!

Sadly, I had to let her go a year or so after obtaining it. It just was a black hole for $$ that I didn't have.

Still, to this day I can see that vast expanse of hood from the drivers seat. It seems like the total length of my present car!!

:tongue: 

Cheers,

RR

BD, I was lucky enough to be able to purchase mine from a good friend for $700 in the 90's and he had kept it in the garage so it was near mint. I kick myself every time I think back on selling it. I had it for about 7 years and it got only about 7 mpg and 15 on the highway but, no one ever pass me by like they do in my 80 Toy P/U. And that reminds me, I must get a bigger sprocket and peddles for it one of these days.

My dream car is a 2006 Pontiac GTO, silver, with power clutch, aftermarket exhaust and cams. Specifically my former boyfriend's. I love that damn thing. It's a real sleeper too. I have many fond memories of that sweet little ride. He told me yesterday he's thinking about selling it. I told him he wasn't allowed to until I got to drive it again.

If I can't have the GTO then I guess I want the new Dodge Challenger Hellcat, in black. Mmmm, Hemi.