Drew Estate MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbinedave

Reaction score
Has anyone else smoked these. I swear I taste latakia in this cigar. BTW I like it very much!

I haven't but I'd be curious to hear what other pipe smokers think of it also.

I love these also! I don't taste the latakia but it does remind me of pipe tobacco some times. its a go to cigar for me in the summer, that and the undercrown form drew estate.

smg913":m9fr3vxk said:
I love these also! I don't taste the latakia but it does remind me of pipe tobacco some times. its a go to cigar for me in the summer, that and the undercrown form drew estate.
The smoke has the pipe tobacco smell also. I received a few of these at a Drew Estate Event the other day and will see what the others are like.

The KFC doesn't have any Latakia in it, but it does have fire cured tobacco. The same kind that gives Mac Baren ODF its distinctive taste. If you remove the band on the KFC, you'll discover that the lower portion is a different wrapper than above. I suspect it is a genuine fire cured leaf. They are definitely a nice cigar.

If you want Latakia in a cigar, check out the Spectre.

If you want a cigar with Latakia try Spectre.
I brought a few of them to a friend's bachelor's party and everyone kept talking about how delicious they were. When I explained that Latakia is mostly used in English/Balkan pipe tobacco blends many of them are now considering giving the pipe a go.

smg913":k8zyx76f said:
Still need to try the Kentucky leaf cigar but I can recommend the Norteno cigar. It's also in the Drew Estate family. I really liked it. If you give it a try let me know if you like it. It is not a pipe tobacco cigar as far as I know but neither is the undercrown, right?

Ordered one of these in my recent order, and it should arrive today. Maybe I will fire it up when I get home.

Just bought my first MUWAT, liked it, and will buy more. Too bad that it's a Drew Estates product. I like some of their cigars but dislike the company. I've had a case of the a** for Drew Estates since they took over distribution of Joya de Nicaragua cigars a few years ago. Overnight they increased the price of Antanos so that the e-tail price of my favorite size went from $65 to $105 per box.

I grabbed a KFC at Chicago. It was alright. But I had also grabbed a few of Mark Ryan's Perique cigars and man were those tasty. For me at least. That probably put a damper on the KFC offering.

I'll admit to liking the Liga Privada lines, but there hasn't been much else from Drew that really does anything for me. I tried the first MUWAT when it came out way back when, as well as the Undercrown, and neither really impressed me.

As for the KFC - I prefer that my pipe world and my cigar world not intermingle.

Dave_In_Philly":eul5wbgm said:
I'll admit to liking the Liga Privada lines, but there hasn't been much else from Drew that really does anything for me. I tried the first MUWAT when it came out way back when, as well as the Undercrown, and neither really impressed me.

As for the KFC - I prefer that my pipe world and my cigar world not intermingle.
I liked this one,

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/84284/drew-estate-herrera-esteli-norteno/

I'd recommend you try it at least once. Imho.

Carlos":vbseaq15 said:
I grabbed a KFC at Chicago.  It was alright.  But I had also grabbed a few of Mark Ryan's Perique cigars and man were those tasty.  For me at least.  That probably put a damper on the KFC offering.
KFC = Dark Fired Burley to me...... :suspect:
Very nice smoke indeed.

Carlos: Now, tell me about those Perique Cigars!!!!
Where they these?
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/83424/1881-perique/

Dave_In_Philly":sfwgpomq said:

Dave

Have you tried the Herrera Esteli yet? Not a maduro but a fantastic cigar in its own right. This is coming from primarily a cigar smoker instead of a pipe smoker. I also love the Liga Privada lines but they are just too expensive for me.

The Sam Leccia Black also has KFC tobacco in it. Not bad

I remember way back when smoking John T's cigar which were pipe tobacco blends in a cigar. Tasted pretty good but construction was poor. :lol:

The Norteno is blended by the same guy associated with Herrera esteli I think, give it a try.

Love the MUWAT but the KFC missed the mark for me... Personal opinion though.... +1 on the Spectre... Nice cigar... I'm a Perdomo man myself....