Drew Estates Tsuge

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lysander

Reaction score
Anybody own one? If so, I'd be interested in opinions. There's one closing on CigarBid tomorrow with a current high bid of $121.

Personally, the radical appearance is difficult for me to get past. A shotgun analogy comes to mind. A few years ago, Browning introduced the Cynergy over/under shotgun which by most accounts was superior to their classic, time tested Citori line. The Cynergy's appearance is radical/modern while the Citori is traditional. Citori sales just keep on keeping on. The Cynergy has languished in spite of constant sales promotions. As it happens. buyers of fine shotguns favor tradition over modern styling. Perhaps the same could be said of pipe smokers.

Speaking as one who has a strong preference for the classic British shapes, I don't find the Tsuge all that radical. I don't care for that particular one, but some are OK. It's already a bit past what I would pay for one, but whatever turns ya' on, ya' know? I have spent years trying to come up with a reason to smoke anything but cobs, so each to his own enigma.