Droid

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happypipester

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got a Droid on Friday and was curious to know if anyone else has one, what your thoughts are, etc.

Personally, I really like it. Great resolution, speed, apps, multi-tasking capabilities etc. My only wish is that it had a longer battery life. Some might find the fact it's a larger phone irritating, but for me it's a bonus.

Let me know your thoughts!
HP

I want one!

(but only because the Storm 2 doesn't function on the Wifes network of choice.)

happypipester":nr112j3g said:
Hey guys, I just got a Droid on Friday and was curious to know if anyone else has one, what your thoughts are, etc.

Personally, I really like it. Great resolution, speed, apps, multi-tasking capabilities etc. My only wish is that it had a longer battery life. Some might find the fact it's a larger phone irritating, but for me it's a bonus.

HP
Had mine since the day it came out and love it. Just install Advanced Task Killer and have it clean up any open programs that may be running once you're done with them, that should improve you battery life. I've always had good luck with battery usage on it. Turning off wireless helps too. The way I see it if I'm paying for 3G coverage I'm going to use it rather than sap off my own wireless connection.

I second the beautiful screen, it has fantastic resolution. You made a wise choice. Enjoy! :D

Thanks for the advice Shad, just installed it.

PB, I was a Blackberry'ian prior to this. I was a bit wary of trying a different operating system, but it's really grown on me quickly.

Cheers!
HP

I love my Droid. It's definitely one of the best phones on the market right now. Not only are the features and apps positively beautiful, it runs so smoothly. But I do second the advice to get Advanced Task Killer.

The Janitor

happypipester":bxn7iw49 said:

HP
Sounds great. But if it doesn't understand the binary language of moisture evaporators, then I don't need one.

Mr_Jeff":8i94a8pm said:
happypipester":8i94a8pm said:

HP
Sounds great. But if it doesn't understand the binary language of moisture evaporators, then I don't need one.

Besides not being the droid you were looking for, this one doesn't even speak Bocce.

(sorry for the thread jack, HPipester, but I couldn't resist a good Star Wars reference!)

Mr_Jeff":qbersowe said:

Thats the beauty of Open Source.. Write an App for it.... you will make a fortune on Tatooine. The Jawas have already switched to Android 2.1, from what I understand, you know the Tuskans cant be far behind.

ADK is really not necessary since Android does such a great job at app management...just my 2cents :D

Trout Bum":22p3n0su said:
Mr_Jeff":22p3n0su said:
happypipester":22p3n0su said:

HP

Besides not being the droid you were looking for, this one doesn't even speak Bocce.

(sorry for the thread jack, HPipester, but I couldn't resist a good Star Wars reference!)
Not a problem TB, I loved it :lol!:

I can't say how thankful I am for the Advanced Task Killer suggestion, I can tell the difference already...

C3PO is working great, over and out lol (ok, I have Star Wars and trucker lingo mixed together, but gimme a break, I seriously have never seen Star Wars before lol... it's at the top of my "to watch, FINALLY...!!!!!" list lol)