DS or BWF?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I don't eat my tobacco, it's obviuos why I could not choose carots but there are some here who obviously do :twisted: As to choosing 'twn one 'bac to the other, BF is alot easier to prepare, regardless of ones prefered manner, to smoke, lights easier and IMHO, has the taste and aroma that I enjoy in my Red Va's. None of this is "set in stone" fact, rather based on my experiences with both, and as such is my opinion. :twisted:

I have yet to try Blackwoods, but I do like Dark Star. Dark Star isn't one of my favorites any longer because I've found other things that deliver flavor I prefer more at the moment, but it's one of the mellowest, waxy (and hard to light) treats I know of. It also smells nice to those not smoking, I've heard. Kind of the "dark chocolate mousse" to FMC 2000's "brulee." Both are sweet-but-not-sweet, but naturally so.

I had to vote carrots due to insufficient data. Sorry, deepbass.

8)

Kyle Weiss":113mlt6m said:
I had to vote carrots due to insufficient data. Sorry, deepbass.

8)
10-4, carrots it is! That's what it's there for...oh, and eyesight health, of course...

...and for a cheap fake-n-bake tan...

oompa-loompa.png

Blackwoods Flake, hands down.

I have only had a single bowl of the actual tinned Dark Star, but I have smoked a good bit of 2035 (which is close enough for my tastes). I dig it, but I love Blackwoods Flake. I prefer BF in all aspects, but even if they were closer flavor-wise, 2035 is a pain in the balls to prepare.

Yeah, I tend to favor the DS, myself. I find that BWF has this sourish flavor going on. While I do enjoy it on its own merits, I find that the cleaner flavor of DS suits me better more often. I get the same from the nose; DS smells more appealing in the jar to me.

Was just wondering how others felt. I know most of you like BWF. I was much surprised, however, to see that more like carrots still.

Not a carrot fan...