DSH Pipes - Gemini - 2013 KCPCC Contest Winner

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshpipes

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As some of you may know, my entry into the 2013 KCPCC American Pipe Carving Contest was selected to be a part of the Seven Day Set, the winners circle of the contest. This Seven Day Set was chosen by Greg Pease of GL Pease Tobacco, George Dibos of Precision Pipe Rejuvination & Repair, and Tad Gage of Pipes and Tobaccos Magazine to represent the best work being done in the USA today.

This is a high honor that I am very happy to receive and am quite humbled by.

Please feel free to visit my website to see more pictures of the pipe: http://www.dshpipes.com/Gallery-2/2013-2/Gemini-2013-KCPCC-Seven-Day-Set/

This pipe can also be seen in the 2013 Fall issue of Pipes and Tobaccos Magazine. If you do not already subscribe to this publication, I encourage you to do so.

8y4xOd1l.jpg

-David

Congratulations David, and that is a stunning pipe Sir!

Fatman":ragk926o said:
Congratulations Daniel, and that is a stunning pipe Sir!
Lol! Name's David, but thanks, Fatman. ;)

What's funniest to me is that people have mistakenly called me Daniel in person before. Thanks for the grin!

UberHuberMan":8mkii7pm said:
Fatman":8mkii7pm said:
Congratulations Daniel, and that is a stunning pipe Sir!
Lol! Name's David, but thanks, Fatman. ;)

What's funniest to me is that people have mistakenly called me Daniel in person before. Thanks for the grin!
Sorry David! I get you and Daniel Mustran confused from time to time, you both make stellar looking pipes!

David, that is certainly a high honor, and most likely your pipe will be featured in Pipes and Tobacco Magazine if someone does a write up on the contest. I'm glad the judges chose your pipe for the 7 day set, and deservedly so. Your skills and vision really show in the pics I have seen here on BoB.

Congratulations on a fantastic milestone in your pipe carving endeavors!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

A magnificent pipe David and the Cumberland stem is the bomb. You know winning the contest just pushed the prices of your pipes beyond the reach of us poor blokes. Not to worry, you should always cater to the well heeled, you can't get any decent money from those that don't have any.  :lol: 

AJ

This is fabulous news David, congratulations on both the feature and the stunning pipe, awesome work as always. :)

Absolutely stunning work. Congratulations, what an honor. :cheers: 

Congratulations David. That is a unique and stunning interpretation of a pipe and your work deserves to be rewarded in this manner! Good on ya !! :cheers: :cheers: 

To say the least you certainly maximized the grain! One of the best pipes I've seen!