Dunhill Durbar replacement

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick

Reaction score
Hello Brothers
I've just finished a tin from 2002 and had forgotten how delicious the Durbar was.
Are there any blends out there today that are close or even similar?
Thanks for your replies !

Hey Rick, I don't have any information on the tobacco just wanted to say I have family in Yucaipa :)

Hi Fatman! Yucaipa is a great place to live. Look me up if you ever visit!

I will look into the Rajah. Thanks for the heads-up.

:)

Rick, thanks for bringing up Durbar; one of my top favs. Have not enjoyed it in some time, although I do have 4 tins (2 '05, 2 '06) "resting" on the shelf. I've read comments on TobaccoReviews that thought Durbar was like DH 965 without the cavendish or DH Standard Medium without so much Va. I don't care for 965; haven't had SM in years (have mucho tins resting next to the Durbar!), so I can't give you a personal opinion. It does sound like blends that are Latweed & Oriental heavy, Ginnyweed light are what will fit the bill!! Maybe the BoB's can recommend some blends such as these? Rajah's Court may well fit; I certainly enjoy the stuff, and have tins resting also!! I will say your inquiry will have me doing a bit of research. And just maybe Orlik will bring this wonderful blend back to life in the near future!!:) FTRPLT

rick":dvtahrt8 said:
Hello Brothers
I've just finished a tin from 2002 and had forgotten how delicious the Durbar was.
Are there any blends out there today that are close or even similar?
Thanks for your replies !
UGH!!!!!!

This thread almost made me tear up. Durbar was my absolute favorite. And then Dunhill went away, and I had to move on. Then, Dunhill came BACK, and while I had new favorites, I was SUPER excited for...WHAT!? They didn't bring back DURBAR!?!?

Ok, for me, the closest thing I've found since is GLPease Meridian. Actually, I might like it better.