Dunhill EMP

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cds43

Reaction score
I am about halfway through my first tin of this, and so far I enjoy it. I do have some issues with it getting astringent and ashy tasting about halfway through the bowl. I know this sounds strange but right before the ashy last half, I will get a few puffs of floral taste. I am guessing from the orientals? I have tried this in several different pipes and get the same conclusion, from a cob to stack billiard and pot shape. Does anyone else experience this? I am sure it is something I am doing. Probably trying to smoke to fast as always.

Might be just you getting used to the pace and the flavor of the EMP. I love the stuff, and it performs ace for me. As always, slowing down is never a bad idea if you suspect you're chuggin' like a choo-choo. Smoking too slow just means the pipe goes out, and many times, the best smokes are maintaining that line between "extinguished" and "lit" while in mid-smoke.

8)

And/or the re-lights once it's completely cooled back down. 8)

:cat: :face: :study:

EMP re-lights wonderfully for yours truly. Though it's a possibility.

Maybe overtamping is causing actual ash to hit the tongue, too. *shrug*

8)