Dunhill Nightcap

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlong

Reaction score
I didn't realize Nightcap has been back for some time now (was away from pipes for awhile). I understand it's blended by Orlick. Anyways, got a fresh tin and after not having any for a couple years, it's like the old school Nightcap I remember. A pleasant Latakia kick along with some sweetness and somewhere down the bowl, finishes off with a good nicotene buzz. Anyone else have opinions about the Orlick version?

Only remember the prior Lane version. Haven't tried the new release. In fact still have an unopened tin from 10+ yrs ago that I need to get a round tuit.

Cheers,

RR

Slightly off question: What's the Perique like in Nightcap? Being a "Per-wuss," I don't mind a little (ala Rattray's) but not Escudo.

...?

Kyle Weiss":auogjokm said:
Slightly off question: What's the Perique like in Nightcap? Being a "Per-wuss," I don't mind a little (ala Rattray's) but not Escudo.

...?
You wont even know it's there.

MisterE":6vsmfz6y said:
Kyle Weiss":6vsmfz6y said:

...?
You wont even know it's there.
Good. I'm an EMP fan by quite a bit, so I know the blends are okay. 8) Thanks!

The perique comes off mild to me. The reactions on the Tobacco review forum are a mixed bag. It is strong and full bodied. Gets an occasional hiccup out of me.:drunken:

Nice, Carlos. Glad to see someone else using food analogies and metaphors with tobacco. :lol:

Now I really want go get some! :) I like Dunhill stuff sometimes just for the tin art, but it helps if I like the blend.

With a few relights, it smokes OK for me straight out of the tin but seems a little damp. I tried drying it for 30 minutes and it lost its touch.

My current go to blend. The tin I'm smoking from wasn't overly moist, so 15-20 minutes will dry it out nicely.
Love this stuff!

OK, I'll try a 10 minute dryout. Love the stuff too. Ordered three more tins.

jlong":bnbaqcwl said:
OK, I'll try a 10 minute dryout. Love the stuff too. Ordered three more tins.
I find that to be good practice with almost any Lat blend. The new, new, new version (read the latest version of a blend that seems to have been made by everyone other than Dunhill for a longtime) of Nightcap is better than the last.

the macdonald":gbt6u73r said:
The new, new, new version (read the latest version of a blend that seems to have been made by everyone other than Dunhill for a longtime) of Nightcap is better than the last.
Three bowls and you're in Nirvana. :drunken:

Kyle Weiss":3jxnx4e9 said:
jlong":3jxnx4e9 said:
Three bowls and you're in Nirvana. :drunken:
Three? Back-to-back? Holy wow. :lol:
Well, not back to back. I let the bowl cool between loads. 10 minutes to cool is a long time.