Dunhill Ready Rubbed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"sam"

Reaction score
I just purchased a tin and have only smoked a few bowls, but so far it reminds me of a Dutch Cavendish like Skandinavik regular, with a hint of berry flavor. Anyone else tried this? How does it compare to the new Three Year Aged Virginia?

sam":iwab3jna said:
I just purchased a tin and have only smoked a few bowls, but so far it reminds me of a Dutch Cavendish like Skandinavik regular, with a hint of berry flavor. Anyone else tried this? How does it compare to the new Three Year Aged Virginia?
Are you comparing this to the Three Year MATURED Va ? If so, it's a straight blend of aged matured Va's with NO flavoring/topping. Just straight Va's!! I now smoke allot of it but haven't tried any of the new Ready Rubbed yet. Smoked some when Murray made it and it was a nice Va forward Aro but not in my wheelhouse at the time. :twisted: :twisted:

Yes, that's what I meant, I plan on trying it but I think it's still only available at smokingpipes and I haven't gotten around to placing an order and my local tobacconist had Ready Rubbed in stock.

For me, the Dunny Three Year old Matured virginia (Murray era as in '00/01) had a distinct character of grape, as in Ne-Hi grape soda. No necessarily strident, but it was there in aces and spades. Interestingly enough I liked it and still do, and I'm not even an aro guy! I've not had the present iteration.

And Monbla will be along anytime to correct me on my history of this blend, as he's done in the past.

:p 

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":ggv0enxp said:
For me, the Dunny Three Year old Matured virginia (Murray era as in '00/01) had a distinct character of grape, as in Ne-Hi grape soda. No necessarily strident, but it was there in aces and spades. Interestingly enough I liked it and still do, and I'm not even an aro guy! I've not had the present iteration.

And Monbla will be along anytime to correct me on my history of this blend, as he's done in the past.

:p 

Cheers,

RR
No need to correct you as the old Murray blend (Three Year) was flavored but not this "new" one!! It's MUCH better to my tastes !! And as I said, I've not tried the new version of the Ready Rubbed :twisted: :twisted:

OT, but I think there's a topping on the new Three Year Matured, though it's much more subtle than the old one. I agree with JimInks that it is vaguely Royal Yacht-ish.