Dunhill Royal Yacht

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godwhacker

Reaction score
Brothers, does anybody know if Royal Yacht or Nightcap is available in bulk or if any B&M has a good blend that is reasonably close including the Vitamin N hit?

Welcome to BoB.

To answer your question:
Nightcap yes.
RY no.

These are available at many online retailers.

Gravel

Is the Nightcap a custom blend by B&M or is it a Dunhill original in bulk??

Do you have a favorite trusted online retailer for Nightcap in bulk I have read of some unscrupulous characters out there

Many Thanks!

If it's an "official" Dunhill blend, either bulk or tinned, it's made by STG/Orlik in Denmark these days. Dunhill doesn't do tobacco these days ! Brand name belongs to STG/Orlik and they've done a bang-up job of replicating them todays as they were when blended by Murray and Dunhill.

The only official Dunhill bulks are Nightcap, 965, and EMP. I've used smokingpipes, 4noggins, and P&C without any problems.

Thanks all just placed an order with smokingpipes for a lb! Headed out to a warmer climate in the Caribbean in a few weeks and wanted to makes sure I was stocked up.

Really though...in order to save much money by doing bulk on Dunhills you have to be talking some serious weights!

Picking a couple of off the wall vendors and an odd amount...say a half pound...I get the following:

4 tins = $10 ea. + shipping total of $5 = $45 (JR's) (tin = 1.75 oz x 4 = 7 oz.)

8 oz bulk = $32 + $9 shipping = $41 (S. Pipes)

Differences: $4 / 1 oz. / tins vs. plastic bag

I guess if I wuz buying 5 pounds or something, and was just going to pop the tins for long term storage I'd go bulk...but like most guys I'm a smoke as you go guy...so for just a couple...I'd rather have the metal.

But the above figures are just a sample. One might do better. Maybe.

Thanks for the math, Very Helpful, Usually buy from my local B&M Milan in Roanoke VA. So this is my first order from this online vendor and first bulk purchase of Nightcap did not want to dump a load of cash with them first time around, so I figured I would start out small see how it goes kind of thing.

Thanks again!

Dunhill tins go on sale at the big etailers quite regularly compared to other blends - if you're subscribed to newsletters from smokingpipes and P&C and save your pennies for those times you come out with VERY good value on tins.  I think at certain times sales are 4 tins + 1 free and even 3 tins + 1 free, you end up with $6ish per 50g tin of mixtures like Nightcap, $7ish for Royal Yacht, and $8ish or so on Navy Rolls.  (If you buy 4-5 per blend at a time, depending on the sale)

This is how I've stocked up on RY, Nightcap, and Navy Roll tins. I prefer them to bulk, and at the pricing noted above its pretty close to bulk when you consider the un-added cost of jars if you're not recycling ones you already have. (A lot of bulk buyers who plan to cellar don't incorporate jar price/per for their bulks.)

Good point! Especially for the RY not available in bulk, As far as the jars go I always seem to have a lot of empties to recycle! I will defiantly need to subscribe to the news letters to catch some of those deals.

Thanks much!

Godwhacker":loaybp60 said:
Brothers, does anybody know if Royal Yacht or Nightcap is available in bulk or if any B&M has a good blend that is reasonably close including the Vitamin N hit?
A friend of mine bought a pound of this "Royal Yacht Match" this past summer. I tried some and it was actually pretty damn good. Not very expensive, either.

http://www.paylesspipes.com/search.php?q=royal+yacht+match&x=0&y=0

Check it out. BTW, if you call them and ask nicely, they might just send you a free sample to try out

Remember this about Royal Yacht, it get's much of it's flavor and aroma from it's being tinned . When the e-tailers have the quantity sales is the time to pick up quantity of it.

monbla256":o92dkv0p said:
If it's an "official" Dunhill blend, either bulk or tinned, it's made by STG/Orlik in Denmark these days. Dunhill doesn't do tobacco these days ! Brand name belongs to STG/Orlik and they've done a bang-up job of replicating them todays as they were when blended by Murray and Dunhill.
You sure? BATCO still owns the brand. Orlik/STG is their contract blender/packer.

Aristokles":j9h8fwdu said:
monbla256":j9h8fwdu said:
You sure? BATCO still owns the brand. Orlik/STG is their contract blender/packer.
That may be, but the fact is DUNHILL does not produce tobacco products anymore. If you go to London to the Dunhill store you WILL NOT find ANY tobacco products or pipes for sale. Lot's of clothes, leather goods etc. You have to go to the "White Spot" store next door to find what used to be sold at Dunhill's anymore. Heh, it's the politically correct 21st century  :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":lcuxt2ka said:
Aristokles":lcuxt2ka said:
monbla256":lcuxt2ka said:
That may be, but the fact is DUNHILL does not produce tobacco products anymore. If you go to London to the Dunhill store you WILL NOT find ANY tobacco products or pipes for sale. Lot's of clothes, leather goods etc. You have to go to the "White Spot" store next door to find what used to be sold at Dunhill's anymore. Heh, it's the politically correct 21st century  :twisted: :twisted: 
Well, with the exception of Nightcap and Royal Yacht, the Orlik stuff stinks. I hold out hope BATCO moves production elsewhere frankly. They won't of course, carrying only about cigarettes.

Aristokles":fxddrndj said:
monbla256":fxddrndj said:
Aristokles":fxddrndj said:
monbla256":fxddrndj said:
Well, with the exception of Nightcap and Royal Yacht, the Orlik stuff stinks. I hold out hope BATCO moves production elsewhere frankly. They won't of course, carrying only about cigarettes.
I wouldn't catigoricaly say that they "... all stink" that's merely your IMPRESSION and OPINION. :twisted: My OPINON and IMPRESSION is that they've done a GOOD job with 965 as well as BANG-ON with Royal Yacht. I have no OPINION of Nightcap as I never liked it so I didn't smoke it. Different strokes for different folks  :twisted: :twisted: