Dunhill's Ye Old Signe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glpease

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, a kind brothers sent me a sample of some wonderful Ye Olde Signe, apparently hand packed in Dunhill's London shop in the early 1980s. Rather than reproduce my elaboration on this ambrosial weedage, I've posted an article in the Briar & Leaf Chronicles for those who may be interested. Truly delightful stuff.

-glp

You had to know this was coming Greg, are we to look forward to your re-creation of 'Ye Olde Sign' in the near future? I've never smoked 'Ye Olde Sign' so I'd have no point of reference, but anything you describe as 'ambrosial weedage' must be wondrous weed indeed! :pipe:

Ye Olde Signe......... one of the most complex Virginias I have ever tasted!

I remember smoking a bowl or two of this "way back when." As I'm not a real big straight Va person, it must not have made much of an impression on me. That said, smoking 29 year-old tobacco has to be a wonderful experience! FTRPLT

kilted1":9qbtk9z8 said:
You had to know this was coming Greg, are we to look forward to your re-creation of 'Ye Olde Sign' in the near future?
I heartily second this... My tastes ran to Gerber puree, not Dunhill flake, when this was around--a recreation is my only chance.

(It could be "Petrified Forest," to keep with the Bogey names and the idea of something "olde" and wooden.)

now this is interesting! i'd still like to see a vaper with cigar leaf from greg..... one can hope!