E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perique Juice is killer, but you better just drip it. It wears on you pretty quick..lol

User error Milan.

Unprotected LiIn are a no no. Voids warranties. The manufacturers even suggest what batts to use.
Safe chemistry or protection circuits.

On top of that manufactured personal vaporizers have mechanical/electronic measures built in. I suspect he was on home brew equipment.

I'm not suggesting vaping is safe, every activity carries risk.
I do feel like the choices I have made in battery and personal vaporizer have minimized I'd not totally eliminated this danger.

I just thought it was crazy that the thing knocked out his teeth, burnt his face, and shot the battery across the room and caught the closet on fire... or something like that. Takes vaping to a whole new level. I have a feeling after dental and possibly facial reconstruction... that guy will be smoking cigs again.

The power isn't surprising if you look at it for a minute.
Take a fire cracker and put it under a coffee can. Pretty loud bang.
Now take a fire cracker, wrap it in duct tape, and put it under that can. Where'd the can go??

Same principle. PV's with our proper ventilation act as the duct tape.
Scroll up to my Reo pic. See that big hole?? Dual purpose, not only does it provide access to my juice supply but it also vents.

I also imagine it blew out the cap of whatever he was using. The weakest point/path of least resistance. Look at that pic again. Machined our of bar stock aluminum. The weak point is that door, loose tongue in groove held on by magnets. It's hard and uncomfortable to vape with it aimed at your body. Usage dictates the hole points away from your palm so you can 'squonk' the bottle.

A few more safety features is the device it totally mechanical. No electronics, no wires. There's nothing to short. The switch is manual, just a spring loaded plate.
Speaking of, the bottom spring that holds the battery is designed to collapse in the event of over discharge.

Combine that with AW IMR protected batts and you've got a very small chance of catastrophic failure. The battery would have to somehow internally short, both the internal chip would have to fail to disconnect and the spring would have to fail to disconnect. The vent would somehow have to be clogged and I would have to have it aimed at my person for some reason.

Not saying all that it's impossible to get hurt with the one I settled on. It's also not impossible that a satellite could crash out of the sky and take me out either.

What is amazing about all this is the only safety feature Rob advertises is a bottom lock to prevent pocket firing.

A little research goes along way.. It used to be called personal responsibility. I'd imagine this gentlemans lack of diligence in his safety will result in typical American Nanny State feel good knee jerk regulations.

...I can't wait for the cigarette companies to start an underhanded study and campaign about exploding e-cigs... :lol:

(...I laugh, but just you see...) 8)