eBay oddities: Tobacco Pokemon Humidor

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
Because I'm crotchety and love hating eBay listings...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Amber-Glass-Tobacco-Pipe-Humidor-NICE-/220917241837?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336fb197ed

I wanted to ask this guy why he was so insistent on viewers reading everything in his auction to determine one's ability to bid, when his ability to WRITE and TYPE clearly was SO HINDERED...

...but HEY, it's A Tobacco Pokeball Humidor.

kawax-pokeball-3097.png

...also, check out this wacky setup... not a bent, not straight, benefits of both, but style of neither? Or do I feel guilty about liking this setup? No I do not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Don-Roberto-Jolly-Boy-Sand-Blasted-Shell-Billiard-Briar-Saddle-Stem-Estate-Pipe-/200655031574?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb7f8cd16

The eyes... something about the eyes. If your pipe undresses people with them and looks creepy, it's going to likely say something about you...or am I wrong in assuming years ago, peaceful duels were fought and won by one pipe smoker out-disturbing another? This one has two faces, in case one fails.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLD-German-wood-carved-figural-face-pipe-unsmoked-/380371161754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588fe3529a

The correct button-pushing question of that first guy is: "So is there free shipping on that humidor?"

The humidor reminds me a great deal of the plastic exercise ball we'd put the hamster in to roll around the house (and annoy the hell out of the cats.)

Kyle Weiss":i24jul0u said:
Because I'm crotchety and love hating eBay listings...

I wanted to ask this guy why he was so insistent on viewers reading everything in his auction to determine one's ability to bid, when his ability to WRITE and TYPE clearly was SO HINDERED...

...but HEY, it's A Tobacco Pokeball Humidor.
I purchased a pipe from this seller once, a figural he said was Michelangelo which was a Cavalier really and he had stuck a Free hand stem in it and sent two other bits along for it that were for Savinelli's, I reckon to appease me. Needless to say I had the proper stem made for it and was happy with the sale. But they always over price there pipes and have a "Buy it Now" with "Or Best Offer"and take much lower offers. Lets just say I check the pipes out he sells very carefully.

Oops again, the morning coffee hasn't kicked in. My statement is about the weird straight bent pipe.

Cartaphilus":h7rz3in7 said:
Oops again, the morning coffee hasn't kicked in. My statement is about the weird straight bent pipe.
Someone needs stronger coffee! :lol:

I'm only humored by that weird bent pipe rather than "I have to get it..." I mean, if he'd take $20 for it, maybe, but eBay haggling is tough to do. Usually I bet on 75% of asking price because they usually know someone drops by 50% - 40%, they come up another 10%, but all have a bottom line. *shrug*

Do I really like it that much? I'm not sure. :lol: