EBay Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby Stubbs

Reaction score
Won a Potpourri pipe made in Italy.for cheap
When I recieved it the pipe was in need of some loveCake was so heavy and uneaven I could not put my little finger in the bowl..and the rusticated finish was very dirty..so..
Reamed out some of it with a small pocket knife but that wasent enough as the cake was broken and gone at the bottom of the bowl so I used my Dremmel with a small sanding drum to remove the cake evenly almost to bare wood
I cleaned the draft hole with a drill bit and pipe cleaners soaked in Rum
Now for the dirty exterior of the bowl..I used Murphy's oil soap and a tooth brush ..It stripped the finish to bare wood !!!! So the pipe must have had only a wax finish !
Not having any wood or leather stains on hand I desided to improvise..the rustifications were treated to a black majic marker and the high lites to a red one..left to dry for an hour..then the bowl was rubbed with an old sock and sanded with oooo steal wool and polished with the sock..my carnuba wax has not arrived yet so I used neutral shoe polish and buffed it on the buffer ..stem still needs to be done but it is in pretty good shape
02232014-001_zps65e2e4f8.jpg

The pipe's color is mush liter than the picture..also ..I flaired thedraft hole with a bit and the stem to match
I have smoked 5 bowls of baccy in it and it smokes good ! Not bad for a 10 dollar pipe !

FYI, you usually don't use wax on rustic pipes because it can build up too thick in the crevices. If you want it shiny, Shellac is the way to go!

(And, no, it doesn't make your pipe smoke worse.)