Ebay pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flytyer

Reaction score
Has anyone ever purchased a Mario Grande pipe off of ebay?
If you have what is the quality like? How did it smoke?
There are alot of them for sale, yet ive never seen a bid on any of them. They look nice and i was just looking for some input. I'm guessing the money may be better spent elsewhere.

The starting bid and the "buy it now" prices are usually a buck apart, so anyone who wants one just pulls the trigger. There's no "auction" per se.

I have 3. 2 came as a "duet" - 2 pipes for 65 bucks. The stems were a very plastic feeling vulcanite, and one was so thin I bit through it almost immediately.

Drilling is good, briar is good. They smoke GREAT.

The other I got, was about 50 bucks alone, and the stem is better quality (I think the cheapos just get a pre-made stem popped in). It is a weird oom paul sort of thing, drilled amazing, smokes amazing. No break in.

So... if you see one you like, and it's not a super low end one, I'd say jump on it. They are super truck pipes or fishing pipes.

They will not increase in value - they just aren't put together that well. So don't buy one thinking that you'll tuck it away and resell it in 10 years. But if you want a smoker, grab one and be happy.

I'll dissent. THere are better pipes for the money. I've owned two. Gave one away because I felt like I'd been screwed by a member of another forum. The second is okay kind a golf club shaped pipe. I don't smoke it much

Outlaw has a point - you can definitely get a good smoking pipe for 60 bucks out of any number of brands.

It took me a couple of years perusing E-Bay and gaining some sense of
values before I knew enough to shop wisely.There are bargains to be had
if you have spare time to scour the listings.

Winslow :sunny: