Eh, finally got it done...kept it simple, sort of.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. 8) If you happen to find any blank blocks of briar just hanging around, let me know. :lol:

I really want to try carving more, but some experts have told me to stick with carving the real thing as practicing on other woods may not give me an honest lesson in the carving process.

Damn stuff is expensive--who woulda thunk? :p

(...or I could just stop buying pipes and tobacco on a whim..............................................................nah.... hehehe )

billmess":uf1w392v said:
Great Job!

When can we start ordering our Kyle Weiss'

Bill

Ha! That's just a step too far for my silly first pipe! :p :p

I tell you what, if people are willing to send me pre-drilled briar, as a practice thing, I'll carve them something interesting, and send it back. 8) Once I get a few tools I may be able to drill my own. It's kind of the journey I'm after right now. 8)

Perhaps I'm just happy I didn't punch a hole through the bottom, but I like smokin' out of that pipe!

I will keep an eye out for some briar. I might take you up on that offer.
Better come up with a Kyle Weiss stamp :)

Bill

Apparently so! :) if you're serious about it, I'll get my tools sharpened. 8)

I think you did a great job on your first pipe :cheers: as for as rusticating goes you can uses nails by placing four or five together and grinding in a clockwise counter clockwise motion after chewing the wood up run a wire brush or wire wheel lightly over it and then a little sanding makes a very nice rustication. Thats just one out of many ways give it a try you might like it. But once again job well done sir.
Best Regards
Richard

Nice job Kyle. I'd smoke it.
It ain't the wand, it's the magician.

Bill

Looks pretty good for the first time. I saw much improvement from this piece and your next. So that is great!

For a first carving I think you did splendidly. I like the balanced shape of the bowl as well as the unique rustication.