El Kala Algerian

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BriarFox":x9k22s9i said:
Does anyone know anything about the El Kala Algerian brand of pipes?   I picked this Zulu up from P&C's for 49 bucks.  http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/77730/el-kala-zulu/

Seems unique, I just can't find any information on the brand.  
I find a Elk and a Elkin but, no El Kala or Elkala. Maybe you'll know more once you get it and look at the Nomenclature carefully.

I've made a google search for "El-Kala" and found an "El Morjane El-Kala 1014" pipe which is rusticated in the same way as your pipe. There are more reverences to these pipes which I did not check out.

I saw that one and fount it interesting that it is rusticated in the same way-obviously all done by hand. Everything I have ever read, Algerian briar is supposed to be good briar. If it smokes well it will be a winner and a bit of a rare bird to boot.

The new El Kala came in the mail today. Damn, what a nice pipe. Not a fill anywhere that I can see and the pictures on the P&C site do not do this pipe justice. It is drilled perfectly and has a nice grain, I'm sure it will be a good smoker. I purchased some McClelland Vanilla Ice and Cult Blood Moon with the pipe along with some of my regular blends. I am in the mood for some different aromatics as all I have been smoking lately are Latakia, Burley, and Virginia blends. I will flip a coin to see which tin will go with this pipe.......