Elementary On CBS

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeDragon

Reaction score
Is anyone else watching this series?

I have to admit upfront that I wasnt the biggest older Sherlock Holmes series fan (maybe I just didnt try enough, watch enough or...?) but I am really enjoying this show alot.

I think the "main" reason is the modern dayness? of it. It shows Holmes as the "crackpot genius" that he is and how that is also the reason he is the way he is.

I think the same could be said for the robert Downeys versions too.

Any thoughts or?

I'm watchin' it, but it's not a favorite.
The "Holmes" character is a sarcastic
punk ya'd like to kick in the nuts. :lol:

Hermit":vr6rrjg0 said:

Oh yeah, don't look for a pipe. :evil:

Hermit":ki9qsprg said:
LOL Hes def sarcastic Ile give ya that but from what Ive seen of past Sherlock portrayals, he "fits" right into character which in this case is a modernized version in NY.

But...in his "defense" you can see why the sarcasm is there too (part defensive mechanism and part over saturation of the senses). If you "cant" turn off the one, the other is going to kick in to try and avoid both people and having to constantly solve the puzzles that never cease to exist.

I have a feeling that this is also what played into whatever happened with the girl/women he wont talk about (the violin player). Either a puzzle he could not find an answer to or a puzzle/problem that he got wrong (either way it caused a sensory overload/full mental melt down). Just a hunch....

shootist51":9jwm3fwt said:
I've really enjoyed the series....wish he'd light up a pipe though!
I wouldnt "rule it out", maybe a good "legal habit" picked up later on. Then again, Watson did prevent him from taking pure oxygen at one point so it could be "tricky' for the writers to incorporate since tobacco is considered a stimulant I believe.

Hmmm.. now theres a twist to consider :?: :?: :?:

I also have been watching it since the beginning and wished they'd either let him smoke a pipe or at least an electronic cigarette