End of the Season rotation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Well, aside from the cobs and a bulldog I'm abusing, it's time to rotate these puppies out until next summer.

See yah next year!

OW, very nice pipes!! All are different shaped and I bet great smokers. Which ones did you make?

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

OW

ALL those pipes are beauties!! From the smooth finished ones to the rusticated. All the same wood was used? I've seen pictures of some of your wood work prior but never any of your pipes.
Very well crafted young man... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Thanks Ted!

The two horns are black walnut, the other three are Osage Orange. Various different woods were used for bands/accents..

Nice work. I certainly enjoy the one you gifted me last Christmas as well. May I ask, what makes them summer pipes? And on the flip side, what do your winter pipes look like, and what makes them winter smokers? I'll venture a guess that you switch blends with the seasons, and certain pipes work best with certain tobaccos?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Natch

Well hello Natch, long time no see!

You are correct, the first reason for the rotation is blend type. Also that they have had a busy summer and it seems time to let them rest. No need to abuse good smokers.

The winter pipes tend to have longer stems, as my facial hair can get a little wild and I'm disinclined to catch my face on fire. That and I get to sit a bit more often, so I can hold my pipes and relax. Also, I tend toward aromatics this time of year, and long stems allow cooler smokes while I'm freight training and staring off into the abyss.......

I will post a picture of my next rotation when I get home to a PC.

Good to hear from you sir!

Okay OW, I think you just gave me one serious schooling in the true purpose of the churchwarden pipe.

Not being one to sport facial hair very often, I never considered the potential for a "Beard Fire" :lol:

Well, I can say there have been a few times that a flake blend bloomed out of the top of the bowl and overflowed, dropping embers in my beard. We won't mention when I'd read something from the web that would have me laugh and puff out embers! Think Thisteloak...........

Anyway, here is the up and comers for this next season.......... There will be more as I dig them out of their boxes.

OW, those are beautiful. Love the apple shape with the reddish stem. And the long wizard pipe on the bottom. I always wanted to try one of those.