English Tobacs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*camoham

Reaction score
alright gang,

im hopelessly lost in the dark lords Quiet Nights.

thinking about trying other english tobacs as well; however, admittedly it will be hard to drag me away from my fave. and yes ive well gone through a pound and some already.

so with this in mind. suggestions for exploration.

westminster? Maltese Falcon?

any other classics im missing and should be trying?

thanks for the experienced advice.

camo

Penzance is good, so is Squadron Leader, if you can get any. For a less rare blend, try the Frogs.

I don't smoke a lot of English anymore, but Maltese Falcon and Westminster are both quite good. I particularly liked the former. I also liked Esoterica Margate, and Butera Pelican.

Chelsea Morn
Rattray's Red Rapparee
C&D Plantation Eve, all light english but frikkin' brilliant IMHO

O yea 12 yr old Dunhill 965, start sucking up to Natch!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I will be ordering some Maltese Falcon on my next purchase.

I do smoke Esoterica Margate frequently and really like it. I consider it very heavy English. Deep smokey flavors with a touch of floral \ perfumey notes.

Butera Pelican, I would classify more as a Balkan because to me it seems to highlight the Orientals more than Latakia. This one can bite me if I'm not careful with it. Definitely more vibrant and zesty compared to Margate.

I have only smoked one bowl of Chelsea Morning so far, but I can say that I did enjoy it very much. Very smooth and mellow. This is a light English blend IMHO. I can't wait to light up another bowl of this.

O yea 12 yr old Dunhill 965, start sucking up to Natch!!!
No fair Piet!! :tongue:

pease calls chelsea morning a light english. westminster is his classic english. i would at least give that a go. it's damn good stuff.

Stogiegila":cqwq8xlb said:
No fair Piet!! :tongue:
The stuff Rocks, Before you joined the board I had to put my beloved German Shepard to sleep.
I took oodles of strain, Natch sent me some in the mail to cheer me up among other tasty baccies, all of them 12 yrs old.

Amazing what happens to lat over that period of time, it becomes silky and smooth!!
WOW
Thanks again Natch!!

bruins":gwpal8mu said:
pease calls chelsea morning a light english. westminster is his classic english. i would at least give that a go. it's damn good stuff.
Bruins, I take it you have not smoked Chelsea Morn. yet???????
Dude get on it man!!!!!

Piet Binsbergen":krnj26bp said:
bruins":krnj26bp said:
Dude get on it man!!!!!
Smoked some more Chelsea Morning last night. I'm really starting to like this blend. Very smooth...good stuff.

Piet sorry to hear about losing your friend. I've needed to do that many times as well and it is never an easy time. :cry:

One of these days I'll try aging something. :lol:

Stogiegila":ocl47q0w said:
Piet Binsbergen":ocl47q0w said:
bruins":ocl47q0w said:
Dude get on it man!!!!!
Smoked some more Chelsea Morning last night. I'm really starting to like this blend. Very smooth...good stuff.

Piet sorry to hear about losing your friend. I've needed to do that many times as well and it is never an easy time. :cry:

One of these days I'll try aging something. :lol:
Hey, Thanks Stogie!!

yeah, i smoke it regularly piet (chelsea morning). it's becoming my drive to work smoke. like it a lot! in fact i dedicated a nice bensbergen poker to the english blends. does really good. that pipemaker has got some chops!

bruins":jdl3vf3w said:
yeah, i smoke it regularly piet (chelsea morning). it's becoming my drive to work smoke. like it a lot! in fact i dedicated a nice bensbergen poker to the english blends. does really good. that pipemaker has got some chops!
Yea, I know, just spell his surname correctly Bru!!!!! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Just janking ur chain bro!!!

Yea, I know, just spell his surname correctly Bru!!!!! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Just janking ur chain bro!!! [/quote]

gotcha! sir GLpease :D

bruins":2fyttl2v said:
Just janking ur chain bro!!!
gotcha! sir GLpease :D [/quote]

thats better!
Now try my surname next Bru!!!! :lol!:

bruins":19rvbv5l said:
i need a wake up. a nice FVF would do it too. but i'm gonna have to wait.

piet. peter. pete. petie?

peter franklin binsbergen. that's my best guess, bro!
Now you got it bru my china!!!
BINSBERGEN.......... there you go bru!