Enjoying the ambience

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AutumnGold

Reaction score
Well, I haven't even actually started to smoke a pipe yet, but I'm already getting a nice feel for the community as the whole. There's such a lively ambience and more than a few characters, particularly on YouTube.

I started with Alan Harrelson, the banjo picking preacher with his "hoo-eee, that's mighty fine" film-perfect southern drawl, making me laugh almost every time I watched him.

Then came the cosy paternal feel of the Muttnchop Piper, a really genuine guy, one of life's kind spirits, from whose videos I'm still learning a heck of a lot.

Next? Matcheeeeees 860. God, but that guy could tell a tall tale or two. I'm only sorry I got into the pipe vibe after his passing, as I would have loved to have communicated directly with him. He'd have been a great guy to knock back a coffee and chew the fat with.

As an English teacher and a writer, the presiding spirit over it all is, for me, the Peterson-puffing priest, Malcolm Guite, a man bubbling over with a zest for life and a cloud of perfumed tobacco smoke.

What a place this pipe community is!

Last edited: