Epiphany and my best smoke yet

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momus

Reaction score
I am one happy camper. I've been slowly working on two ounces of Epiphany in a jar that I have with my pipes. But its been there for four months since I put it in there...I was working two jobs but now that I am back down to one (thank goodness) I've had more time. The tobacco had kinda dried out...last few smokes were through in fifteen min. I rehydrated the stuff with a damp cloth over the tobacco for four hours. I've been using the Frank method lately and I just gotta say it was my best smoke yet. Lit the stuff...twenty minutes of smoking. Tamped. Relight. Smoked the rest down in another twenty minutes. The draw seemed perfect with the pack. The creaminess of the tobacco came out so well. It was kinda like a tobacco milkshake...I was in heaven the whole time and with only one tamp and relight. Man that creaminess was nice. It was like describing beer--there is the idea of "mouthful"...how thick the beer tastes in your mouth...well this tobacco had a great mouthful...I was in heaven. I felt like a finally smoked the pipe right. Life is good in Marysville, Washington.

Epiphany benefits to a remarkable degree from some jar time, imo. When I first tried this blend right after popping the tin I didn't much like it. So I jarred it and it remained untouched for a few months. After I tried it next it became one of my favorites, and is one of the few burley blends I like. A fine "American English" mixture.

That is definitely a good feeling. I notice it happens more when I'm by myself and just letting the pipe and the smoke happen. You kind of lose yourself in the experience.

Blue Max":cwqkdjqu said:
That is definitely a good feeling. I notice it happens more when I'm by myself and just letting the pipe and the smoke happen. You kind of lose yourself in the experience.
I've noticed that too, I also find it tends to all just fall into place when I'm not really trying. I think it maybe i try too hard at times, and relaxing and not caring just solves every last problem.

this is the C&D blend .....right? my local J&R doesn't carry that one for some reason from them.

I've noticed that too, I also find it tends to all just fall into place when I'm not really trying. I think it maybe i try too hard at times, and relaxing and not caring just solves every last problem.[/quote]

Yeah, well that tends to help too.

I love this stuff, I guess Einstein had it right. Hell, I feel smarter already...lol

Epiphany is just about my favorite "lite" latakia blend. If you look around, it's also one of the less expensive blends out there when bought in bulk by the pound. It seems to me that Epiphany is what Walnut wants to be? (and yes, I also smoke Walnut from time to time).

Natch