Erinmore.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean68

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I have been unable to catch a flight out of the FOB on which I am currently stationed. I am hot, parched, and very tired. The FOB to which I am trying to travel is much more comfortable than the one on which I am now. Also, at my destination are my packages which contain my new pipes and tobaccos. The humanity!

So, I am currently smoking a bowlful of Erinmore mixture in my corn cob pipe to calm my nerves and relax. The cob and tobacco were kindly given to me by Darrell as an introduction to pipe smoking when my ciagr supply was running out. Darrell is not here to enjoy this pipeful with me, but I am very thankful to him for his generousity (while still blaming him for introducing me to another bad habit).

The Erinmore has become my regular smoke, primarily because Darrell gave me so much of it. But it is a good smoke, most similar to the cigars to which I am accustomed. It provides me a small amount of comfort when comfort is hard to come by.

I hope you get to your new base, and the pipes and tobacco, in the very near future.

In the meantime enjoy your Erinmore. I've only smoked the flake version but if the mixture is similar then it is a fine tobacco.

Take care

Chris

Hope you get there soon, Sean.

Erinmore is a good smoke! I usually dip into it at least once a week.

Oh yeah - quit bragging on Kaiser. You'll have people thinking he's a good guy or something... :mrgreen:

Rob_In_MO":s7e7qxcy said:
Hope you get there soon, Sean.

Erinmore is a good smoke! I usually dip into it at least once a week.

Oh yeah - quit bragging on Kaiser. You'll have people thinking he's a good guy or something... :mrgreen:
I think about now everyone on here has come to figure that I am an evil soul who tries to turn cigar smokers when their supply is low.

Sean, this is not a "bad habit". Pipe smoking is a good peaceful pass time. The evil monsters that come with it. being PAD and TAD, are the only bad thing and they are EVIL sons of guns. I am still certain you will make it to your pipes and tobacco looonnngg before mine make it from...where they are now. Enjoy the Erinmore buddy, don't forget you have other toby as well that you can enjoy. Soon you will have your supply of the Frogs :cheers:

If you can get any where you are, mix Erinmore Mixture half and half with Peterson's University Flake. Let it dry well and store in a jar in the dark. Give it a few days to 'age'. I swear you will love it. It's what I'm smoking at this very moment in time. I have 6 ounces of it made up and aging away.

I've never smoked the mixture but I purely love the flake. Reminds me of Juicy Fruit gum. Good stuff.

williamcharles":1bbk68tn said:
I've never smoked the mixture but I purely love the flake. Reminds me of Juicy Fruit gum. Good stuff.
Unfortunately today's Flake is not what it used to be, 25+ years ago. But it's still a very decent smoke and I order a couple of tins every so often.

henwrench":50aihu6k said:
If you can get any where you are, mix Erinmore Mixture half and half with Peterson's University Flake. Let it dry well and store in a jar in the dark. Give it a few days to 'age'. I swear you will love it. It's what I'm smoking at this very moment in time. I have 6 ounces of it made up and aging away.
I've got the Erimore, I've got the University Flake. I am going to try this out.

SpeedyPete":th51vmw3 said:
williamcharles":th51vmw3 said:
Unfortunately today's Flake is not what it used to be, 25+ years ago. But it's still a very decent smoke and I order a couple of tins every so often.
I just found out what you mean. The new isn't like the old. I was shocked.

DrumsAndBeer":2yhf0x4k said:
henwrench":2yhf0x4k said:
I've got the Erimore, I've got the University Flake. I am going to try this out.

Let me know what you think!!! Still hitting the spot for me, yum yum mmmmmmmmm :D

Hello all!
Well my experience with a 10 year old erinmore flake tin wasnt so good at all.

Well not everything what was made 25 years ago was good! :lol:

The diffrence between a 10 year old tin and a new one was in my opinion
Murrays had a floral scent in it additional to the juice fruit flavor.

todays Erinmore flake doesnt have that floral scent anymore. (Thank god because that didnt need to be in there.... :evil: )

The strenght was siliminar,depends on how long you let it dry out.

I have the best and stable flavor when i fully rub out the flakes.

It was my first flake what i tryed. And i have it always at home!

Cheers
Mike

I have one tin of Erinmore flake and I smoke it only occasionally. I have to be in the mood for it's sweetness. I like sweet but that stuff is a whole other level. It is a high quality flake that for me is like a desert smoke.

Interesting how this thread started out about Erinmore MIXTURE and moved to the FLAKE. They ARE NOT the SAME!! The MIXTURE is the one aptly described as smokeable JuicyFruit :p The Flake is a really NICE Va Flake which everyone should try !! :p It's always been that way, even when Murray was doing the blending!! :p

I've never had the mixture. I've got a Murrays tin of the flake right here. Tastes like juicy fruit gum. A lot of that will dissipate over the next few days now that its open. I should try the mixture too I suppose. Who likes the mixture over the flake?

I like the current Erinmore Flake better that the last version. Not an everyday smoke for me, but I always have some on hand.

Never put a finger on it, but reading this thread makes me think it could be because of the old version's floweriness and I'm not a lakeland fan at all.