Escrow accounts?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briarfire

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been away from the board for a long time (long story), and it feels good to be back.

I have a question about the pipe selling business, and this seems to be the place to ask it- does anyone use an escrow-like service when they buy or sell pipes? By escrow, I mean a third party that holds the money in a transaction until both parties are satisfied with the deal.

I have a friend who buys and sells jewelry, and was looking for such a service. I told her the pipe community is composed of people of impeccable ethical character, and that such a service isn't needed, but I would ask around, anyway. So, if anyone has heard of such a thing, please reply. Thanks

There are various entities online. Don't know if that's what you want. Escrow, in my experience, is handled by lawyers.

How expensive are the pipes you are selling/buying ? My understanding of these accounts is that they make $s for them with % of selling price! Not all that much in the price of even high, high end pipes !! :twisted: :twisted:

PayPal might be the closest thing. You can cancel a payment if there's a problem with the merchandise. I've never had to do that, so you'd have to investigate the details.

I know there are a few online escrow-type services out there. A friend of mine used one to buy some paintings from a guy in China. It does exist, but isn't common in the pipe world.

I believe consignment (with appropriate agreements) is the most common thing with pipes, with fellas like Nathan Mattia, Viking Club Pipes. I think he does that kind of thing.

8)

Think Briarfire is lookin' for one for his lady friend, the jeweler. If pipes are hundred$, jewelry must be thousand$.

As I thought would happen, you guys stepped up to the plate with great advice. I pass on some of the web sites to my friend. Much thanks for the help.