Escudo Navy Deluxe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Max

Reaction score
Is this the mixture that is hard to come by and everybody snatches up when it does become available?  I read the post comparing the Dunhil and the Escudo and it made me wonder about that. 

I thought Escudo was a hard to get blend but I've been seeing it around lately so I'm wondering if I'm thinking of some other brand.

Escudo is generally available just about anywhere. One of my favorites!

Which one is hard to find then?  It seems there is one that almost has a mythical status.

Somebody starts a run on a tobacco that only comes over here in a few shipments a year and it disappears. Then everybody agonises over not being able to get it (except for the _____s bragging about how they snatched up the whole shipment). Rinse. Repeat. 

Magnified by the internet, tobaccos have become a little microcosm of human behavior.

:face:

I have never had any issues getting a hold of Escudo.
Maybe you are thinking of the old Three Nun's.  That used to be a VA/PER, and the new formula that is about to be released in the US is a VA/BUR or something.  From what I understand, that has been a highly sought after tobacco for the past decade or so.

Virginia, Burley & Perique. The proportions can be determined easily. But how they treated it to give it that incredible warm cinnamon bun aroma and taste has resisted all attempts to re-create it.

Like the aroma & flavor of BSVa10, some results are just magical.

:face:

Navy Rolls and Escudo are not hard to get. It's that stuff made with old lady's soap from the Lakelands that is hard to get. IMHO, it's not worth the effort with so many OTHER BETTER blends that are AVAILABLE to smoke  :twisted:

Blue Max":n0z76jvz said:
Which one is hard to find then?  It seems there is one that almost has a mythical status.

You may be referring to the defunct "Copes" version of Escudo which still has a mythical status and can be had for quite substantial amounts of money on ebay when they come up every so often.

I think you're thinking of Penzance. You said mythical status and that's what I thought of. Penzance never really grew on me, although I have 4 ounces aging for an later chance to become a Penzance groupie.

Then again, maybe you weren't thinking of Penzance.

No, it could be Penzance.  That sounds like one on the mythical list.

a couple of yrs. back there was some panic buying of Escudo
which stripped the supply chain which in turn fueled more panic.
I did my part to fuel the panic
100_0494.jpg

Now Full Virginia Flake is on every one must buy list

I do my best to mess with people's minds with FVF as well
100_0962.jpg

^ Scottish Cake, mmm....

(and the Triple Play, Marlin Flake, and FVF ain't too bad either).

I just passed on a few tins I saw at my local shop. I have seen them there for a few weeks. Perhaps I should grab one? Unless Old Salt wants to part with one if his 30 tins...what a wonderful sight. :D :D