Escudo

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyPete

Reaction score
After being without this fine tobacco for months, I received 2 tins form 4noggins today, What an experience, this is one of the best (if not the best) Va-Pers I've smoked so far.

Rich sent me an ample sample of Prairie Wind (thank you, sir!) and I've already ordered 8oz. And some more Escudo and 2 100g tins of OGS (although it's not a Va-Per?).

I also received 8oz of SG 1792 Flake which I like a lot. Nice and strong with a lot of flavour and no teeth.

I was tempted to buy another Savinelli pipe but.......I need lots of tobacco. So I will stick to buying tobacco until the end of the year. I might commission a bulldog from Charl Goussard, still thinking about it (if I THINK about something like a pipe, I usually buy it).

I received so many info from all my brothers re Va-Pers for which I thank you. I'm going to stock up on this loverly tobacco.

Hey! Lets save some of the Escudo for someone else Okay?  :D 
Although it's not the same as it use to be it's still better then none at all. :roll: 

I've tried several VaPers including Pease, H&H, and McC SJW and recently began to smoke Escudo. So far I enjoy it the most. I prefer that my VaPer not be Perique forward and Escudo strikes a great balance between the VA and Perique. Wish it were available in bulk!  :) 

SpeedyPete":ld1jenxj said:
Rich sent me an ample sample of Prairie Wind (thank you, sir!)  and I've already ordered 8oz. And some more Escudo and 2 100g tins of OGS (although it's not a Va-Per?).
OGS is a vaper. I emailed the folks who make it and was told that the "burley" printed on the tin was a mistake of long standing that just never got rectified and that it does contain perique. Email them and see if you get the same answer. I know several others have but it's always best to check with the horse to see if it really came out of its mouth.

Escudo-

Haven't had the current production releases that are supposed to be different from what I've come to know and love from prior purchases. Guess I'll have to go in and check it out at some point.

Cart and Alfredo (whatever happened to Mike?) have been very vocal about the change.

http://brothersofbriar.forumotion.com/t24905-escudo-ewe?highlight=Escudo

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":gylra3dp said:
Escudo-

Haven't had the current production releases that are supposed to be different from what I've come to know and love from prior purchases. Guess I'll have to go in and check it out at some point.

Cart and Alfredo (whatever happened to Mike?) have been very vocal about the change.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t24905-escudo-ewe?highlight=Escudo

Cheers,

RR
BD, yes indeed it has changed, almost as if it had a topping or maybe there substituting the real Perique for the imitation Perique. I still get a chemical after taste but, I try to ignore it knowing that this is as close as I'll get to the good old Escudo. YMMV :cry: 

I think many blends with Perique today, if not most, use either Green Valley Burley or something similar, processed in the same manner. There's just too little of the St. James Parish stuff to use in the quantities needed for major distribution.

All this talk about Escudo, has perked up my taste buds, will be forced to crack open a tin from
june 08 :mrgreen: 

100_0494.jpg

williamcharles":dbmh3546 said:
SpeedyPete":dbmh3546 said:
Rich sent me an ample sample of Prairie Wind (thank you, sir!)  and I've already ordered 8oz. And some more Escudo and 2 100g tins of OGS (although it's not a Va-Per?).
OGS is a vaper. I emailed the folks who make it and was told that the "burley" printed on the tin was a mistake of long standing that just never got rectified and that it does contain perique. Email them and see if you get the same answer. I know several others have but it's always best to check with the horse to see if it really came out of its mouth.
The actual reason why I said OGS is not a Va-Per is because my tastebuds tell me so  :)  I cannot detect any perique in this tobacco. But it still remains a wonderful tobacco which I just love. Never want to be without it.

I could not help to think the above pic is making Cartaphilus's mouth water.

Not Illegal, probably tacky & in poor taste. Most likely down right cold Blooded :D 
but fun!

I also have a pic I save for messing with people's minds when a discussion of Scottish Cake comes around.

100_0978.jpg

Brewdude":mxzcc39j said:
Kelhammer":mxzcc39j said:
I could not help to think the above pic is making Cartaphilus's mouth water.

;) 

Cheers,

RR

Poor Old Cart....probably has tears running down his cheeks as we speak.

"Not only illegal but also unhumanly cruel." That too!

old_salt":hltob0fu said:
Not Illegal, probably tacky & in poor taste. Most likely down right cold Blooded :D 
but fun!

I also have a pic I save for messing with people's minds when a discussion  of Scottish Cake comes around.

100_0978.jpg
Oh my, I absolutely adore that backy, 'scuse me whilst I sit back and wipe away the tears, VERY nice stash, enjoy them in rude good health.  :cheers: :sunny: 

old_salt":h0i65646 said:
but fun!

I also have a pic I save for messing with people's minds when a discussion  of Scottish Cake comes around.

100_0978.jpg
I like your style. :cheers: 

DrumsAndBeer":57o57ut0 said:
old_salt":57o57ut0 said:
but fun!

100_0978.jpg
I like your style. :cheers: 

This!

:geek: 

Cheers,

RR