Esoterica Dunbar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyRoundup

Reaction score
I have a bit of Esoterica Dunbar that I'm really enjoying.

But it seems everyone is out of stock.
So, ? Whats the deal?
Is this another Va in the realm of FVF ?
Is it something that a guy needs to be ready to jump on when they get it in ?

I havent seen alot of topics concerning Esoterica.

Certain Esoterica blends are in the realm of FVF--fickle supply and high demand, and yes, gone in a flash. Penzance and (at times) Stonehaven are in that class. Dunbar, I'm not sure... you may just have hit a temporary bad supply spell.

Keep in mind, Germain/Esoterica are an old operation on Jersey, a tiny island which presents a variety of logistical, geographical, and economic challenges to exporting much of anything.

But yes, if you see it, pull the trigger. Have jars at the ready--those big foil packs are very handy, but--much like certain "family planning" accessories, you're a pinhole away from future disappointment.

Dusty,

Iwan Ries has 8oz bags in stock. Typically all but Stonehaven and Penzance are readily available. Sometimes Margate & And So to Bed will become hard to find, but they're never gone for 6 months at a time like the other two.

I'll echo what the others have said: Dunbar is not one of those impossible-to-find smokes. Just bad timing I guess. I'll send you some more of the 2003 stuff to keep you going until you find some :)

One of Murphy's Laws: The number of vendors that are OOS regarding a specific blend is directly proportional to how badly you're Jones'n for it.

This is closely related to another...which is: If only one or two vendors have a blend you want in stock it will always be the ones that charge the most.

Then there's: If you find a really good price for a blend you've been wanting the cost of shipping wiil be really high...if you find a vendor with good shipping prices then the cost per tin of what you want makes the overall cost the same as in the first case.

I could go on...but have decided, in the spirit of Father's Day, to spare you.

Hey Good Morning Dave:......Thanks for sparing us Ha Ha. Man as a fellow 64 year old fella I too know that life tends to stack the deck against a guy. Sometimes I feel like the chipmunk that lives in a hole underground in my backyard. "No matter when I stick my head out there is some other guy right there ready to plant his big foot right on my head." "Other times that guy places a rock on my exit hole and I have to chew out another hole just to see the light of day." Life can be a bitch and then you die. Before that happens we just light a pipe and as they famously say in Brooklyn New York......Fagetaboutit! (That you know is one word in Brooklyn). Happy Father's Day Dave and to all the other great Fathers out there in Pipeville!

Holy shit.....this is an Esoterica Dunbar thread and I'm smoking Sterling's Va/Per in a Pete Kinsale XL20. WTF, When you're 64, you smoke what you like wherever you are even if it's a Dunbar thread.

LMAO Lipipe!

Ok, well good, I will be ordering some Dunbar soon then.
But, my PAD has taken over this last week, so I'm going to have to back off of tobacco till next month.

Hey Shane, you dont have to do that. I mean , I do apreciatte it, but you have been too kind already. But, it is really good Virginia, thanks for turning me on to it. :D