Estate - tobacco pipe - cleaning kit.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boulder

Reaction score

A retort pipe kit I found on ebay;

The Pipe Cleaning RETORT is the result of many years of experimentation by a 40 yr. pipe smoker and collector. The system removes gunk from the pores of the briar, specifically the heel, to sweeten and sterilize. Swabbing with pipe cleaners will not do the job, especially the musty estate pipe and also is great for changing blends without crossover taste. There is also the danger of harmful molds present in old pipes that will be removed by the hot Al. method.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270842374114?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Hope this helps, John.
:study:

I think Ive seen something like that before. You heat up the grain alcohol and send it through the pipe. I like the grain alcohol and sea salt in the bowl and let it dry up then clean out the residue. it leeches the old out of the briar and leaves it fresh. 140 rum is good too.

I have purchased this kit from this very ebay seller and I must say, you get awesome results. Mine is over two years old and it's still going strong as ever, no cracks, chips, etc. I've probably used it around 15 times to clean up estates that I buy or for my friends. The kit is inexpensive compared to what you get out of it, and all it takes is a little alcohol and a candle. Don't hesitate if you're worried about quality.

Thanks, I just ordered one.

The fine print claims the kit now comes with a heat source.
:cheers: