Etsy worse then eBay

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Wanting to find a place I could sell my pipes I checked out Etsy, I've been a member for quite some time but just as a buyer. Well first off, it's totaling different then anything I have encountered in the auction or fix price online sales sites. Very confusing to me to say the least. Anyway I did a test and loaded photos and adjusted preferences and so on BUT, did not post it. A month later the pecker-woods charged my card a fee for having a sale. I contacted them and explained to them that I did NOT post anything for sale and they basically told me tuff sh*t and if I didn't like it that I could close my account. Nice place to do business don't ya think? Needless to say I've closed my account there and my next step is to contact my bank and see what they can do about getting the fee back and blocking them from my account. It's not even a dollar but, it's the principles, ya don't take what doesn't belong to ya...period! :no:

Cart - that sucks but isn't surprising.

Tell you what - send the pipes to me. I'll sell them on Ebay for you. When they sell i'll send you what I feel is a fair and appropriate percentage of what each pipe sold for. 8)

Rob_In_MO":7m7juw6t said:
Cart - that sucks but isn't surprising.

Tell you what - send the pipes to me.  I'll sell them on Ebay for you.  When they sell i'll send you what I feel is a fair and appropriate percentage of what each pipe sold for.  8)
Wait a minute while I look in a mirror.................. Nope!
Stupid isn't written on my forehead.

I'll pass sir but, thank you for checking. ;)

Cartaphilus":osn01g8q said:
Wait a minute while I look in a mirror.................. Nope!
Stupid isn't written on my forehead.

I'll pass sir but, thank you for checking. ;)
Typical damn redneck.
Offer to help a guy out and this is how you get treated.

:p

After Rob got done with them, all the buyers would wonder why there was lipstick on the stems.

George Kaplan":c0f5j0h4 said:
After Rob got done with them, all the buyers would wonder why there was lipstick on the stems.
Now that there is Funny

George Kaplan":fsyeoy37 said:
Yup, just like old times.  
Good to be back and see the old crew also back and posting again.

Now if we could just get Kyle on here more often.....   :lol:

George Kaplan":2bl9cog0 said:
That's alright, Big Boy. I've got some Captain Black-flavored lipstick just for you.   :twisted:

Keep it up and i'll send you a tin of Mixture #79. :shock:

Rob_In_MO":66z3czlq said:
George Kaplan":66z3czlq said:

Now if we could just get Kyle on here more often.....   :lol:
Just when I was getting in a better mood

Any website where the desired audience can be summarized as "morons with too much money" can be counted on to have such business practices.

Sorry Ron, hate to hear this. Never done Etsy in any capacity and this certainly doesn't add any motivation to.

If I had pipes or sealed tins that I wanted to sell and didn't want to screw with Fleabay, I would have Pipestud sell them. His reputation is stellar.