Evening thoughts over a pipe and Sake'

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Whatever it is, it's smooth, and goes well with the salmon rolls and Uni, fried shrimp and quail eggs."

OK, now your just making me hungry.

What I know about Sake (other than the fact that I like it) would probably fit in your eye with no discomfort, but when my other half and I were visiting the Momokawa brewery in Forrest Grove, they told us that good quality sake shouldn't be heated. They said that you only heat the cheaper stuff to mask the quality and make it taste better. (shrug)  Maybe my pallet isn't sophisticated enough because I've enjoyed both the "lower quality" heated sake, as well as the their "higher end" stuff.  :afro:

Reflections on a life spent? You ok buddy? I am a father, and my son is getting old enough to understand some things. I look at all he has before him in life to go through and all I been through to get where I am. Myself in late morning and he in the wee hours yet. So much I could tell him, he wouldn't get it though. So much I may try to tell him, but by then he won't listen.

You got me thinking this morning. Thanks for sharing brother

JustPlainBill":03kwk9fp said:
Dunno if that OP was more Zen, or Taoist, or what. But I think I'm gonna try me some straight perique one of these days.  O Z, how do you take your Sake'?  98.6 like Bond?
It was outside temperature, so probably 90ish.

Fumus, I'm not too keen on the proper temps for Sake, but most I have had was slightly warm. Those times remind me of grabbing yesterday's Budweiser from a gathering by mistake. Warm, flat, and rice(y). I was told that heated, it aids in digestion and helps kill any latent parasites lingering in the raw fish....

I HAVE noticed, that it definitely helps clear the pallet between bites or smokes. A nice low mellow buzz too..........

Ozark Wizard":ggmzlu0r said:
Somewhere, right at the bottom of one’s own being, one generally does know where one should go and what one should do.
I agree with this part. There is an inner voice, and it's fascinating how much of our stress is caused by inventing reasons to ignore it.

eklektos44":nszg8fdn said:
In my experience ignorance and stupidity are without boundaries.
And as part of their ineptitude, recognize themselves as "experience" and "genius."