Ever had one of those days?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tech2576

Reaction score
Just tried a new tobacco in a trusted pipe. Tasted like rabbit droppings.

Pulled out another blend and pipe, both are familiar at least. Same deal.

What the heck is up?

I was just talking with another member about how hot and humid it is here. Sucks the energy and quite frankly, the desire to smoke a pipe right out of ya. I was trying to enjoy a bowl last week, but had to stop halfway through, it just tasted awful and I didn't enjoy it at all. First time I've cut a smoke short for that reason.

I don't know about you, but I'm going to place the blame on humidtiy!

Well, humidity is 55% per local news, not abnormal for here. There has been quite a fluctuation lately though so maybe the briar is upset. " shrug"

Reluctant to try again tonight so maybe in the morning.

Puff Daddy":hqqia0uz said:
You didn't have rabbit for dinner, did you? :suspect:

:lol: No, no rabbit for dinner.

Brauts on the grill with a pasta salad side. :)

Pipes and Tobaccos are both female.

Meaning both are subject to occasional changes in temperment & personality. With no advance warning.

:face:

I seem to have crappy smokes more regularly when it's rainy season. Are high humidity and finicky pipes related? I couldn't say. But my most sour smokes seem to be in rainy season.

MisterE":49qd6to4 said:
I seem to have crappy smokes more regularly when it's rainy season. Are high humidity and finicky pipes related? I couldn't say. But my most sour smokes seem to be in rainy season.
Exactly the reason to keep a couple of Cobs laying around. In my experience they deal with humidity better than most briars..

Sometimes when my usual blends just dont seem to taste right , I go to a blend thats not too complex like Pa or Granger, or evan an aromatic.Then after a few days my usual english and virginias taste good again.

I have had those days before, where every thing has a metallic tang to it and can't get a good smoke from any blend. It's always very high humidity hear, 94% and I just had a good smoke. But what do I know, I've haven't smoked a pipe in a dry climate yet.

Could be all my smokes are horrible and some days they just really suck :p , but then again I think may have something to do with body chemistry being off time to time. idunno.

I think the only times I ever really have bad smokes is when my allergies are acting up or I have a head cold. Or maybe I didn't clean my pipe thoroughly and there's debris in the airway or something

However, Yak's assessment of the temperament of pipes and tobaccos seems pretty accurate
:p
I'll keep my fingers crossed that all is well and back to normal when you light up come morning!

Laugh all you want, but I've found a strong correlation between general health (& perceptual acuity along with it) and the episodes of weather engineering going on.

Leave it at that.

:face:

Weathered engineering, what does that mean? You can hit me of I'm being dumb and not getting it. :scratch: