Exciting News About MM Cobs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiltjlp

Reaction score
I spoke with Phil, the GM of Missouri Meerschaum today, and found out that this year’s harvest will start next week. And the harvest looks to be a very good one, with a focus on the larger sized cobs needed for the majority of models. If the crop turns out as good as expected, the reintroduction of the Bulldog cob could be ready to ship by sometime in June 2012. Also, all bits/stems now used for MM cobs are acrylic and not the plastic that was used previously.

Again, if the crop is as good as expected, and they won’t know for sure until the harvest is over, more Naturals will become available, and several new models could be offered in the not too distant future. A natural nose warmer, called the Morgan, seems popular in early tests, and there is also a mini-churchwarden, the Nighthawk, in the plans. There will be more attention paid to the fit and finish of all products, which Phil admitted needs improving.

Bulldogs on the way! :)
Have to wait til June 2012:(

I'll tell you, I think if more people gave MMs a shot, there'd be a little more briar in the world. I truly enjoy my briars but my MMs are on par with em'.

WaydeG":6hzs8of1 said:
Bulldogs on the way! :)
Have to wait til June 2012:(

I'll tell you, I think if more people gave MMs a shot, there'd be a little more briar in the world. I truly enjoy my briars but my MMs are on par with em'.
The Bulldog could appear sooner, but Phil said they're going to take their time designing it so they get it as close to perfect as possible. I'm hooked on cobs to the point that I have roughly 60 cobs, only 2 briar, and 2 bent MM hardwood pipes.

John, nice to be able to hear the inside scoop here on BoB! Whenever my local tobacconist gets in a display card of MM, they usually don't last long. Looking forward to seeing what they have come out with in 2012! :)

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Great news! I can't wait to get ahold of a few of those bulldogs. And acrylic stems are a fabulous improvement. I only have a couple cobs because the plastic stems bother me.

Excellent news! A "corn-dog" would be a great addition to my collection!