Expensive toy you wish you never use

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlong

Reaction score
F%##% SNOWBLOWER!! God I hate this crap! They can have it. See you guys in Texas, SoCal, Brazil, anywhere but freakin Wisconsin!!!

Come on over to Northern Nevada. Little dry, little hot, but we usually only get snow in the mountains... except this year, we've had zero precipitation and 55°F days for two months. :lol: Last year we had week after week of a foot of snow and it was -10°F for months. :lol: Kind of got old. But that's rare. And we like guns. And liquor. And brothels.

This has certainly been a weird year...here it is the middle of January in Boston no less.....and we have no snow, nor have we had any. By this time last year we were friggin buried. The plow truck drivers were ecstatic. Now they're wallowing in misery.

First real snow storm of the year just hit Chicago yesterday. Probably the same storm that's causing all that frustration for you jlong. It's still blowing here and there's a beautiful coating all over the ground, the buildings, the trees, the cars, the roads... makes me really glad that I live in an apartment and don't own a car. :p

It's strange though, I really enjoy the snow. There's a beautiful purity that all those frozen water crystals bring to everything they touch. Sorry for waxing poetic. It's 5 am and I've already been up for an hour. Perhaps it's time to go back to bed... g'night gents! Enjoy the morning!

Nowhere near as bad as they predicted. I got up early this morn expecting more. We didn't get anymore. It was 45 deg and sunny all this week. Weird.

UberHuberMan":y6avtcco said:
It's strange though, I really enjoy the snow. There's a beautiful purity that all those frozen water crystals bring to everything they touch.
So true, but it's doubly depressing when that beautiful white turns into slushy brown.

We were hammered overnight here in NWPA. I woke up at 2-ishAM to listen to a thunderstorm and driving rain, then was back up at 6AM to see a complete whiteout. We've had an odd winter so far... We normally have a week or two of early snow no later than early November but only once did I remember waking up and seeing a very light dusting on the ground - couldn't have lasted past 9AM, when the sun was finally up enough to warm the earth. We were hit very hard in early December but it only snowed for a total of about 8 hours, and after two or three days it was mostly gone.

As Boxerbuddy said, by January we've normally already had a few feet of snow overall. Aside from today, though, total precipitation couldn't be more than 13".

I love the snow...I suppose I'm lucky to live in NE Ohio.

We had a small system come through last night. As I speak, we're now getting hammered by lake effect snow coming off of Lake Erie....everyone else in the office is b****ing up a storm about it, but I love every minute of it.

I've been really looking forward to a snow storm to enjoy a pipe, too. :roll: Now that I've said that we'll get six feet and I won't be able to leave the house for two weeks. :lol: