Extravirgin olive oil, fresh from the mill!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osci

Reaction score
Directly from my olives groves, this is the first pressed extravirgin oil of the year.
To obtain this extravirgin i made a blend of three cultivars: Coratina, Frantoio and Biancolilla
This three cultivars blend is very interesting and the final result is not bad: here we have the herbaceus and light vegetables tones of the Biancolilla cultivar, the fruity and aromatic hints provided by the Frantoio cultivar. The Coratina cultivar, due to its high concentrations of polyphenols, gives a good kick with intense fruity and bitter and spicy notes(very pleaseant in the aftertaste).

p_88010.jpg
[/url][/img]

I really love the dull green-golden coulor of the fresh pressed olive oil, the coulor will turn to gold with the passage of time.

GLORIOUS!!!!!!

do you have a shed out back that i could move into?

enjoy that nectar, sir.

doody

Looks great! Thanks for posting... and now I'm hungry. I bet it goes great with a little drizzle on some fresh cooked crusty rolls.

*sigh*

Off to the shops I go.

Mr. Doody":sue7aele said:
GLORIOUS!!!!!!

do you have a shed out back that i could move into?

enjoy that nectar, sir.

doody
Thank you, Doody.
:D

Greyson":lfvwjjol said:
Looks great! Thanks for posting... and now I'm hungry. I bet it goes great with a little drizzle on some fresh cooked crusty rolls.

*sigh*

Off to the shops I go.
Grey, you are right!
For me the best way to enjoy is to drizzle over a slice of toasted bread still hot from the fireplace.

With so many stories of EVOO not being EVOO, dyes, blends, additives, etc; I can really appreciate that. Nothing agitates me more with food products than being duped and played the fool.