F-ing washing machine.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to one of the HVAC supply stores in your area and ask for a browing V belt. HVAC V belts are built a little tougher than what you might find in other places because they are designed to handle a higher torque range than a automotive or lawn equipment type. I've used V belts from a auto parts store but only till I can get a power transmission type belt from a AC parts store.

i.keenum":a2lym91w said:
I like to work on things like that but control boards or whatever controls the timing seems off and and that doesn't seem a part ill just be able to get a the hardware store. I'm not too worried about energy effecient. I need a spindle to agitate the clothes really well ( two year old potty training) because I hear the spindleless HE ones don't get dirt Knocked looses as well ( then again I could be full of it).
Yep, sounds like a controller or relay issue or some type. I went thru this with my Mom's washer years ago. I searched the boards and Consumer Reports("CR") and wound up with a Fisher & Paykel top loader. 7 years later and still going strong. Highly recommended. I'm not a big believer in CR but I do see what they have to say and rate as the best before I go appliance hunting. Good luck in your hunt.