Falcon Dry Rings

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dramatwist

Reaction score
Bros,

Recently tried the above product after many years of smoking Falcons sans Dry Rings. First impression... seems to impede draw.

Your experience?

Best,

In my first incarnation as a pipe smoker back in the 70s & 80s, the falcon I had gurgled like crazy. If dry rings existed back then, I never noticed them. Granted, I smoked Captain Black at that time, as opposed to the Lakelands and similar blends I smoke in my Falcons (using dry rings) these days, but nary a gurgle out of them. I don't know if its the tobacco, the dry rings, or whatever. Just like with filters, experiment and do what's best for you!

I use Dry Rings in my Falcons all the time. Never noticed them impeding the air flow and never had any gurgle. I make my own rings by cutting the thin pipe cleaners I use on my Falcons to length and wrap them around a ball point pen to form the circle. They work great and cost is negligible.  :) 

AJ

Dramatwist":w879oc0a said:
Bros,

Recently tried the above product after many years of smoking Falcons sans Dry Rings. First impression... seems to impede draw.

Your experience?

Best,
Are you placing the bare wire part of the dry ring in the draw hole? If not, the dry ring may be moving and obstructing the draw hole.

Also, check the dry rings are not too fluffy. They may be after market ones and too large for the available space.

Brian

ajn27511":6zdodahb said:
I use Dry Rings in my Falcons all the time. Never noticed them impeding the air flow and never had any gurgle. I make my own rings by cutting the thin pipe cleaners I use on my Falcons to length and wrap them around a ball point pens to form the circle. They work great and cost is negligible.  :) 

AJ
Good shout, some of the rings available for Falcons are just too darn fluffy, AJ's method is ideal and is indeed cost effective.  :cheers: :sunny: