Falcon makeover

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briar Spirit

Reaction score
This is the very kind and generous gift that Jim (huffelpuff) sent me, Jim very generously acquired an estate Falcon and sent it my way, he read a post I made some time ago about my old Falcon pipe and how much I missed my old trooper and made it his mission to find me a replacement, what a wonderful thing to do.

Not only did Jim locate and acquire a wonderful Falcon for me but he also made sure it was a straight bodied non dental Falcon, I mean to say, isn't that just about the most awesome thing to do for some one.

As you can see this old trooper was in need of a bit of some TLC...

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

After some TLC in the shed this is how this beauty is looking....

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

You are a true gentleman Jim, thank you so very much for this awesome gift.  :heart: 

Beautiful job bro. You really turned that one into a looker. Thanks fer sharing.

Great face lift!!

Now you can make custom bowls for the Falcon from the old left over briar pieces.

Lookin' good mate! Those old Dover bowls are a personal favourite and that one looks even better now with the rim slightly rounded. Beauty!  :cheers: 

So happy she now has a good home, with a caring owner. She is actually quite fetching now. You definitely have a talent for turning sows ears into silk purses.

Hope she serves you well for many years to come brother
Jim

Thank you all for the exceedingly kind responses.  :heart: 

pepesdad1":wp97ih66 said:
Now you can make custom bowls for the Falcon from the old left over briar pieces.
A great idea Walt, alas one really does need a lathe for such work, it's really a fantastic idea and something I would get into with great gusto had I such a machine.

huffelpuff":wp97ih66 said:
So happy she now has a good home, with a caring owner. She  is actually quite fetching now. You definitely have a talent for turning sows ears into silk purses.

Hope she serves you well for many years to come brother
Jim
She does look rather dashing now doesn't she, I am smoking her again just now as it happens Jim, very much enjoying a bowl of 50/50 Happy Bogie/Perique, absolutely stellar home mix in an even greater pipe, I shall treasure her always. Now of course my mind is turning to wanting to get more bowls for her, something I shall most certainly look to in the future.

Superb restore job on that Falcon, Kirk.

Good on Jim..that's a nice gift there.

What a kind gift and beautiful work! I have an estate falcon that looks exactly like that, but with about a 1/8 inch gap between the stem and the aluminum shaft. I have no idea if it is supposed to be there, but those stems seem to be permanently mounted. Regardless, she is a great smoker and I'm sure this pipe will treat you well. On the idea of making bowls, tooling up to cut those 4 start threads in briar would be a big job. But it sure would be nice to have artisan bowls for Falcons.
Enjoy the pipe!
Mike.

Very kind of you to say D&B, thank you Buddy.  :sunny: 

MichaelM":ctazrbii said:
On the idea of making bowls, tooling up to cut those 4 start threads in briar would be a big job.  But it sure would be nice to have artisan bowls for Falcons.
It would be awesome to have some straight grain Plateaux bowls for the Falcon, I wouldn't even know where to start in tooling up for getting those threads cut. I've looked at a few sites regarding multiple thread starts and they all involve pretty heavy duty machines, many involving CNC Machines, it all just went totally over my head and I ran away, shame though as it would be great fun making bowls for Falcons.