Falling Apart

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brother, it takes courage to admit there is a problem. Now it's time to seek some help. I'm sure there are plenty of folks ready to assist in any way they can. Sending positive vibes your way! Stay strong!

Ocelot55":nmmfpktd said:
Brother, it takes courage to admit there is a problem. Now it's time to seek some help. I'm sure there are plenty of folks ready to assist in any way they can. Sending positive vibes your way! Stay strong!
This.

Get yourself to a trusted councillor asap.

Have you altered or neglected to take your meds?

Not being flip or disrespectful. Yours is a serious condition.

Get thee some help brother.

Cheers,

RR

Ocelot55":jmlmv4bo said:
+1

This is serious business.  I had a good friend who suffered from this for decades.  Emotions are not causal primaries in cognition.  There is no reason for accepting depression or mania as a chronic state.  I can only suggest getting what I think is called a cognitive therapist, one who identifies the thinking and ideas you hold about the world and yourself and relates those to your emotions, good or bad.  Otherwise you'll just get a bag of drugs to take and a complete lack of understanding of your malady.

Of possible assistance:

http://drhurd.com/finding-the-therapist-of-your-dreams-de-wave/

Richard Burley":s5x5w4xs said:
 I can only suggest getting what I think is called a cognitive therapist, one who identifies the thinking and ideas you hold about the world and yourself and relates those to your emotions, good or bad.  Otherwise you'll just get a bag of drugs to take and a complete lack of understanding of your malady.
This in spades.

It has been my experience that being able to dis-identify with the emotional responses to whatever I think is the key. In other words, you don't have to believe your thoughts.

Hang in there brother! As someone who has family on both sides with this condition I can tell you it does get better with proper treatment. Get the help you need and don't feel bad if you need time away from your normal routine. Sending good vibes and positive energies your way.

Jim

LordTemplar":tkzahiq6 said:
I am falling apart from Manic Depression.
It's a scary place to be, I myself suffer with depression amongst other 'problems', I know how impossible and distressing things can feel at times, it's not a path to even try walking alone Buddy, please please try to get some help before the depression gets so dark you can't even get outside.

So sorry to learn that LT.  As pointed out earlier, that's a toughy to share with others too; takes real courage.  

In my humble experience I believe that meds provide a good stable foundation to start to address the underlying root cause which of course is the work of the counsellor.  

You can manage this LT (Jimmy Morrison seemed to think so too) and you've got a whole load of support from your friends here at the BoB...

Warmest wishes,

Stick.

Stay strong LT. I can't offer anymore advice that has been given already. Prayers and best wishes to you. As you can see we are all here for you. All the best!

What can one say, seek medical help ASAP and by all means don't drink!
Been there done that.

I have some family members with the same and similar diagnoses.

Get help. See a therapist, get medicine. It's a chemical imbalance.

There is no shame in getting help.

As others have said here, it takes great strength to talk with others regarding depression. Please do get in touch with a professional sooner than later. Depression is a serious condition that many times isn't taken seriously. I'm not that far of a drive from you here in NKY if you need someone to talk to and of course, the phone is always there too. I know sometimes it just helps to get things off your chest. I also know a few counselors in this area that I could check with to find someone local to you as well. Just remember, you are not alone and you don't have to go through it alone.

That's a hard thing to admit brother. I agree with others, that you do get help. You always have the support and help of the fine people here, you are not alone.

My best friend from childhood who I love dearly, frankly he's like a brother to me, has suffered from manic depression his entire life. I agree with the others LT, please seek help.

Take care man, & I wish you the best in getting things right..  :)

I think we will be amazed to know just how many people in our close circle suffers from depression.

I've been on meds myself for more than 20 years. But that's only treating the symptoms. I need to go see a shrink (meant in a nice way) from time to time. They help me to get focused again. I think I might need to go soon !!!!!

But sure it's not nice, no.....it's bloody bad to be there in the darkness.

So my brother, please know that you are in my thoughts.

SpeedyPete":ly5r26r7 said:
I think we will be amazed to know just how many people in our close circle suffers from depression.
Lots of truth in that. It's funny how emotional/mental health issue are among the hardest to speak candidly about, yet so many people deal with it the support base is massive. I had significant anxiety issues for a period of time about five years back - I found that once I was comfortable enough to talk about about it openly, it really is shocking how many people have been through/are going through the exact same thing.

Best to you, LT - get whatever sort of help it is you need, and get yourself well. We're all pulling for you!

714 366 0020

john

I suffer with it myself, feel free to call me

PozzSka":lyyzyf5e said:
I have some family members with the same and similar diagnoses.

Get help. See a therapist, get medicine. It's a chemical imbalance.

There is no shame in getting help.
I couldn't afford a therapist but a great wife and a wonderful little dog made life worth living. The meds really did the job.