False teeth - in or out?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EC Outlaw

Reaction score
I've found that I have a problem smoking with my false teeth in. If I try to clench the pipe, one or both (upper and lower) pop free.

I've also found that there is a much more enjoyable experience in taste and texture of the smoke with my false teeth out (hard and soft palate exposed). That requires that I always hold the pipe with my hand.

So now I'm smoking with the artificials :roll: removed, and when the wifey asks if I have my teeth, I just pat my jacket pocket and say 'yes, dear'.

Experiences of the other BoB'ers?

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. The only time I take mine out (full set) is to clean them. I have never met a pipe I couldn't clench. When I got mine the dentist told me "You have the perfect mouth for dentures, you will never have any trouble." I absolutely love mine. If I knew what I now when I was 16, I would have gotten them then.

Rodney

Mine are usually out while smoking my pipe. More/better flavor that way. I don't try to clench...I more or less just hold the pipe and let it dangle if smoking a p-lip or just hold it with my hand if smoking a fish tail.

Hell, I'd cement my plates in permanently if I had to in order to clench my largest oom pauls. A man's gotta do what he's gotta do to stay happy and well fed. A large pipe is part of daily nutrition. Keeps the juices flowin' and the rod hard.

I have no problem earlier in the day. I can clentch to my hearts delight! It's that LAST pipe of the day late at night after wearing 'em all day that's when I go for smaller. lighter pipes that i usually hand hold more than usual :p

Every man does what he's gotta do. That last pipe before hitting the sack is probably the best smoke each day. It is the time a man reflects on his accomplishments of the day, the problems he may face in the morning and the path he will choose to resolve those issues. It's an important and very private time so teeth or no teeth the pipe, the blend and the smoke is one to be enjoyed. Have a good night this evening my friend. I too will light my smoke shortly and enjoy Penzance which is my last bowl each day.

I don't put my teeth in unless I'm going somewhere or we are having company. Hate the blooming things! I don't have any problems clenching with or without them though.Have a pipe stuck in my gob almost all day.

Wasn't it the old school of thought that you were never supposed to ream your briar?

It was a reply to a different thread not sure how it ended up in the toothless chat

Here's one for are you fellas with falsies out there

How do you know the toothbrush was invented in West Virginia?

Anywhere else, it would be a TEETH brush!

Credit to Ned Hermann for that one... he told me that one when I was a kid on Lake Cumberland. One of my go-to cornball jokes.

Got mine about 7 years ago. I wore them maybe a total of 2 days. They don't fit so I chucked em in a drawer and forgot about it. I still have an upper canine and most of my lowers so clenching isn't much of an issue.

Jim

Got my dentures a month ago, and I'm happily puffing away. I need gum glue to hold a pipe in my mouth, but that's only because my current set are temporaries and they're loose. Went through a week or so where I couldn't taste the tobacco much because of all of the plastic in my mouth. But that got better. The limitations are much fewer than I anticipated and I'm a happy camper! Haven't tried smoking with them out yet.

Damn..glad I'm not alone. Got the uppers about six months ago..temporaries are a problem, waiting for the permanents this month, I gotta take them out when I eat. The plastic does interfere with the taste so I take them out when at home. TOOTHLESS PIPERS..that great...my dogs love me at least...one of them is toothless also.
Have a great day!