Family Part II

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle,
this situation demands my ‘A' game - I'm heading to church to light candles for yourself, Zack and your Dad. I will have to dodge the lightening on the way into the church but it's worth the risk.

Make sure you don't ignore your own health brother.

Best wishes for your Dad and Zack.

Jers

ps great poem - from the heart.

Kyle, sorry to hear it is all hitting you at once. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your father!

Kyle

You take care of yourself. It is difficult to care for others if you are exhausted yourself.

Looking at all the other responses here it is clear that you have many friends / helpers / supporters - call them what you will.

BoB is a real community - virtual maybe - but still a community.

It is not somewhere like Facebook where people have 5,000 "friends."

Possibly words like "friends" need to be redefined in light of forums such as these.

I'm on the other side of the ocean but like others here I have read your recent family posts and you have been in my thoughts as a result.

So basically take of yourself, my best wishes to your father and Zack, and write away here whenever you feel the need.

We are all here for you.

I tend towards brevity when I post. This won't deviate from my standard.

We care, brother. Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes when the shit hits the fan it's elephant shit.

(words of wisdom from my favorite barmaid)

Hang on.

Kyle,

I'm sorry to hear about all you're going through. Be sure that I'll be thinking and praying for you and your dad. I've realized that I'm in that stage of life with you where not only do big things start happening, but we notice them. As a kid, we're kind of oblivious to or sheltered from most traumatic things, but now that I'm 37 I've got major life issues to deal with. Unfortunately we live in a fallen world with sickness and disease.

There is hope though and you're handling things well it seems. Some day, hopefully soon, you'll be able to look back on this as something that happened in the past. For now, keep plugging on in the best way you can, and share the load as often as you can. You'll get through it!

Sincerely,

Brian.

As a kid, I wasn't sheltered from anything...it was shelter I sought, from the myriad issues both I and my family has, and I found it...in myself. I simply isolated. Books, information, music, work, solo travel...didn't matter. What's been hard has been opening up to people and letting them in, finding love and worth in them, then to watch them fall... that's something with which I don't have practice, emotionally or personally. So I don't ask for help, I just try and do it all. I'm not used to it.

After freaking out a little yesterday it occurred to me that my personal balances were out of whack. Kind of like that load of laundry in spin cycle where all your jeans end up on one side, and you jump up thinking someone's breaking in the house. *thumpthumpthump* I have the tendency to overreach and think I can do anything. Great sentiment, bad practice. Of course I can do anything, I can't do everything. Rest periods in between are necessary. That was the wake-up call you all gave me. Thanks for that. The BoB is (are?) friends redefined, for sure.

So, Dad and Zack are same as he was yesterday...nothing I can do immediately. They're both safe, so that's good. Gonna go pore over my work a little, head out for a drive to file mining paperwork with the government and blast some tunes. Today feels pretty good, I got some gusto and hope today.

8)

Hang in there, buddy. We are all in your corner with you. And ain't none of us going to throw in the towel. :cheers:

Today's better, got work done. Dad's still in the hospital, pending more tests.

Had an awful nightmare Zack and I were walking on a beach, and a wave swept him away.

Dad's still in the hospital, but on solid food pending doctor release tomorrow.

Ever try to bathe a morphine patient with a broken arm and leg? :no: Sheesh.

Looking for that sack of $1,000,000 laying by the side of the road, fingers crossed. Something's gotta balance this all out. :lol:

(It's taken me multiple visits by Ten Russians to get through it...which isn't a bad thing...)

Lot...I mean Kyle, hang in there. You will never be given any more than you can handle. You and your family are in my thoughts constantly. Sending tons of positive and healing energy your way ( I hope it makes it...I tried astral travel once and got lost before I got out of my bedroom :lol: )

In all seriousness, I'm glad to hear you are staying strong. Keep us posted

Shoot me a PM with your address....I would love to send you guys some home made cookies.

Scottie

Everyone sounds stable and that is a good thing. Our prayers go out to you brother. The poem was well written and awesome.

Meh, I never fancied myself a poet. About the only time it comes out is when I'm able to get rid of reason and logic and just let a certain mindset set it. Wow, that sounds insulting if one is a poet, I suppose...thing is, I'm envious in a way, sometimes I'm not able to express beauty or simple appreciation...I'm constantly drowning in complexity. So, when it comes out, I hang on to it.

Going to get an update on Dad today, hope he's going home soon.

Thank you all for the support, for the 1,001st time. :lol:

8)

Rob_In_MO":t3nqr3lv said:
Eff You, Kyle!

:mrgreen:
Your Smoker's Pride in the bag with those indelible words still pop up and greet me from time to time. I think I keep it set up that way just so I can laugh. :lol:

8)

Glad to see things are starting to even out now Kyle. Best of luck bud, I hope you get some sort of big break.

Dad's out of hospital, Zack was up moving around in the living room of his parents' house yesterday.

My father had a blood clot blocking the blood supply to his pancreas, it turns out. That's what was causing slight anemia and pancreatitis. He's on blood thinners and solid food again, is glad to be home.

So, the twilight is dusting blue on the horizon, and the clouds are thinning. LET'S HOPE ANYWAY. :no: *fingers crossed*

Thanks for all the laser-beam prayers/vibes/luck wishing/voodoo stick shaking/etc. sent over here, I just know it's helped. I don't feel like things are "normal," my house feels empty and I feel a bit cut in half, but it's not forever.

8)

Good news Kyle.

Best wishes for your Dad and Zack.

Jers

Glad your Dad & Zach are improving; hope your week (and theirs) continues to be better

"T"