Family

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your friends accident. Focus your attention where it is needed and when things get better we will see ya here. Hope all works out well . :p

Gah. We'll be praying for you guys. Keep us updated and let us know if we can help in any way.

Thoughts and prayers out to both of you for Zachs return to full health.

Finally got a chance to come home. I really effing hate hospitals, and not for the obvious reasons. Yeah, they stink, there's sick people everywhere, but whatever, I lived on the streets, and it's kind of the same deal. It's more watching the "system" at work, the overworked (or incompetent) nurses, the vibe, the food. :pale:

So, there's a third surgery for Zack's arm scheduled for Monday or Tuesday. He's recovering okay so far, drugged-up, hurting, bitchy and demanding. Ran around some today dealing with is work getting doctor's notes in (so he can keep his job), going to have to file with FMLA to try and get money so we can pay rent, etc. Got a chance to go smoke a pipe, get a real dinner, etc. That was nice. Friends have been good to me. Also nice.

You guys are awesome, thanks. Some people treat my relationship like it's some silly, fake, temporary thing (after 10 years... yeah right) or that it doesn't mean much, and sometimes I find it embarrassing to talk about or I feel like people think it isn't real--or it's just some political football. Seeing someone you care about in pain and wondering about what it'll mean financially is heavy stuff. It's pretty g'dang real. I've cried with my family trying to figure it all out, along with other health problems on both sides of the family, his and mine...it's been hellish. I have to be the strong one for a lot of reasons, and it's an interesting predicament for sure. I got thick skin and broad shoulders, fortunately.

Kyle - great to see you check in.

Yes, staying in a hospital sucks. It's also an eye-opener as you pointed out.
Don't blame Zach for the way he's acting. If you were hurting, drugged up, stuck in a hospital bed, IV's, etc., you'd be bitching and griping too. Hopefully you guys can get on FMLA, which will help.

Smoke a pipe, step back for a minute, and take a deep breath. It helps to get away for even a few minutes.

I was stuck in a hospital for about a month when my Son was very young, been there and done that.

Eff the people that treat you guys like it's silly. It's serious to you two, and that's what really matters! Besides, after 10+ years that should say something.

Hang in there, Brother!
Please check back often and keep up updated.

Kyle, from what little I know about you, you sound like a survivor, and you will obviously hang tough through this.
Let's hope for the best.
And like Rob said, we'll still be here, wasting time, and maybe even occasionally discussing pipes.

Chris.

Harlock999":pq1k18nv said:
And like Rob said, we'll still be here, wasting time, and maybe even occasionally discussing pipes.

Chris.

Whoa now! Let's make sure that we emphasize 'Occasionally' in your above statement. 8)
Don't want people to get the wrong idea or anything... :D

Hang in there Kyle. The old saw about being darkest before the dawn is true. Just think how good it's gonna feel when the sun comes busting through.
G'luck to both of you.

Just saw this post and my I say Im sorry for being late . I will be praying for Zach and you. I have spent alot of time in hospitals being I have a severly handi capped daughter so I feel you on hospitals. Dont worry your self on what others do or dont do. Life is a partisapation sport, and you get out of it no more than you put in it. You do what is right and dont worry about the ones that dont. I do believe you reap what you sow. Hang in there buddy.
Charles,

Thanks guys. I like that old saw about it being darkest before dawn...:)

Zack's very persnickety anyway, so this just makes it even worse for him, so...bitchiness is actually a good sign--fightin' spirit, I say.

The hospital scene is a varied one. There's been some nurses and assistants I've wondered how they are so naturally good at what they do, and others that you can tell are forgetful enough and just tolerate it until it's quittin' time. There's been doctors who seem cool and interested in their work and patients, and others that are mere calculated watch-checkers figuring out how each second benefits (or hinders) them and how to change it. That's people for ya.

Honestly, I've already gotten a name around here for being the "take charge" guy. I'll go get towels, sheets, ice, pillows, anything I need that isn't obviously illegal for me to take. If I can't find it, I'll ask, and if they won't tell me, I'll watch until I notice where they keep stuff. If you want the job done right...

...each minute becomes an hour, a day, and eventually, through the mist to clear skies.

I have found a few places to stole away for a pipe.

Hey Kyle,

You got this and we've got your back. Keep us posted and let us know what you need.

For now, here's a charming photo of a puppy.

pound-10.jpg

Sounds like you're coping as best as can be expected Kyle. Good on you for being the advocate on your partners' behalf.

Having seen the inside workings of the hospital when I had some health issues a few years ago I can relate. Ya, some of the providers are just there passing time.

Best wishes going forward to you and Zack.

Cheers,

RR

I have to do "night shift" tonight, so I got plenty of sleep last night at home, hanging out this morning with that new Brebbia filled with HOTW (...a brilliant combo, I'm discovering...).

Tomorrow at 4pm is the next (and hopefully last) arm surgery.

Kyle Weiss":n93a9j8k said:
I have to do "night shift" tonight, so I got plenty of sleep last night at home, hanging out this morning with that new Brebbia filled with HOTW (...a brilliant combo, I'm discovering...).

Tomorrow at 4pm is the next (and hopefully last) arm surgery.
Here's hoping it's 100% successful!

Aw, Geez! I'm away from the forum for a few days and come back to this terrible news. I'm so sorry. Hmm... Here's something from the "cheer 'em up" file. You know I live in a sketchy neighborhood in a town full of crazies. We've got names for all the regulars like Woo, Shuffles, and Boombox, who has recently changed his name to Cool Whip. Last night was all about Bluetooth, though. The first time we saw him he was having a heated debate with someone on his bluetooth headset. Five or six encounters later and we realize there's no bluetooth, and there never was one. Folks usually just avoid eye contact and steer clear of him. Last night, however, he was being unusually aggressive as he wandered by, verbally accosting everyone in sight, punching trees, and pissing on the sidewalk. My friend decided it was time to call the cops. 15 minutes later a patrol car pulled up, driven by a no-nonsense looking black female officer.
Without even putting it in park, she rolled down her window and yelled, "Kyle! GET in this car right now!"
Bluetooth started to argue with some angry crazy talk. She cut him off short.
"Don't MAKE me get out of this car, Kyle!"
"Kyle" shut up and got in the car. The street was quiet for the rest of the night.

Heh, GK, you live in one wacky neighborhood. 8)

I usually get in the patrol car when some no-nonsense, black cop gal asks me, without hesitation. I know better.