FAMOUS SMOKE CAN NOW LEGALLY SELL CUBAN CIGARS.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something here does not seem correct. Is this a joke or an extreme marketing tactic?

the real joke is that we can't legally buy cuban cigars. an on-going one as well.

portasio":obb17lma said:
the real joke is that we can't legally buy cuban cigars. an on-going one as well.
:cheers:

Actually you can legally buy them, if they are “Pre-Embargo” but the ones that remain (yes there are still some) are extremely expensive.

Of course if you’re not a US citizen and you live outside the State’s you can buy them all day long, but I wouldn’t waste my money. Most of the ones I know of are not even as good quality as a good Dominican.

One of my Favorites was a cheap (for a Cuban) stick called Jose E Pedra (think I got the name right). Anyway it was an inexpensive bundled cigar that didn’t sell too well in the Canadian market, so they took them back and started selling them in 5 stick boxes, and presto, the stigma of being a bundled cigar went away and they started selling. They were about 5 or 6 bucks a piece and had a very good flavor.

I ve smoked and enjoyed a few 5 packs of Jose L. Piedra cigars (spelled correctly) from Canada. They are pretty good smoke but do look a tad rough. The cigars are nice and spicy and quite affordable. I think they costed around $20-$22 per box of five. You cant beat a $5 buck Cuban. Piedra's are very very popular on the Cuban domestic market kind of the offical cigar of the "Cuban peasant".

BuckeyeBoy34":iqtwkdr0 said:
I ve smoked and enjoyed a few 5 packs of Jose L. Piedra cigars (spelled correctly) from Canada. They are pretty good smoke but do look a tad rough. The cigars are nice and spicy and quite affordable. I think they costed around $20-$22 per box of five. You cant beat a $5 buck Cuban. Piedra's are very very popular on the Cuban domestic market kind of the offical cigar of the "Cuban peasant".

I think Piedra cigars are harsh and not anywhere NEAR the best of what Cuba has to offer. I just bought a 50ct cabinet of RASS. It came out to 6.60 a stick SHIPPED. It's a CC that smokes well ROTT and I would be hard pressed to find ANYTHING in the states at 3-4 times the price I would rather smoke.

BB34, this next comment is NOT directed at you. When I find people going on about Cuban's being over-rated it typically (but not always) comes down to one of 3/4 things.

1) They have smoked only fakes
2) they smoked the wrong cigar at the wrong time
3) they smoked a cigar they didn't know about and it wouldn't like the profile
4) they confuse strength with flavor

Case in point. I threw in a CC as an extra when I did a trade for a guy. It was a Monte from 06 and smoking beautifully. Rich flavors yet refined, and just the right amount of complexity. "Ah, it was OK. I have had and was expecting something stronger. Fine, go smoke a Padron and experience some dirt.